So I'm jamming with one of my friends tommorow, and I was just thinking about brinigng my rig over to his house, and thought to myself; jeez, is my 50 watt tube head gunna be too LOUD to jam with? I know I can turn the volume down and whatnot (each channels got a master, than a global master), but it got me thinking; I should probably invest in a decent practice/jam amp for not only jamming with friends, but playing at home when I don't feel like having the massive volume my Mesa puts out.

So yea, what are some good amps as such? I think I want to go with a modeling amp, simply cuz I can go from a jazz sound to a blues sound, to a rock sound all the way up to a death metal sound all in the same amp without it sounding TOO bad.

Budget: Not much more than like 500 or 600 USD.

Styles: I mainly do rock, alt, metal, punk/hardcore, but I do want it to be capable of other things.

So any recommendations? I've got to be honest and say I only know like 4 modeling amps (Line 6 Spider, Roland Cube, Line 6 Flextone, and Line 6 Vetta) so that's why I'm asking this question. I just really want amp names and whatnot, it's not an imperative purchase, seeing as I don't have the cash right now for one, but it's something I'd like to have. Also, since I am going to college in about a year, I'd also like this amp able to be used in a dorm room too, aside from jams and practicing.

Thanks!
Cube or Flextone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
wow, really? Cool, i'll definitely try out the flextone (i was actually leaning towards this one).