guitar center refunded me 359 bucks for a amp that died on me.

so i got the check in the mail the other day, and i was happy.

and today i checked the mail and there was another one. different check numbers and totally as legit as the first one. for 359 bucks as well.

should i use them both?

of course not at the same time, that would be a bit obvious.

but is it worth it? or is it even possible to get caught since i technically didnt do anything wrong?
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
Go for it
EDIT: Wait no don't
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
hell ya
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Dilemna = buy a dictionary.

And you will have done something wrong, both morally, and legally
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
I definitely think you should do it, one now, then another one in a few days, and act like you forgot about the first one if they catch you, which they probably wont.

However, it is actually illegal. Cashing both checks is illegal because it's your responsibility to know as well as theirs how much money they owe you. They can demand their money back, so don't be surprised.

EDIT: Guitar center doesn't know what morals are. They offered me $50 for a PA head, while I could see plainly in the same room we were talking, an identical used one (in worse condition) selling for $250. They deserve it.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Last edited by tasty licks at Sep 11, 2008,
Yes. And spend all the money from both checks at guitar center
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
cash it into a seperate back account
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Fraud is not cool.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
That makes it...

Consumer- 2

Guitar Center- 3279810479102347 and counting

But don't cash it. Guitar center could probably hire any lawyer to sue the pants off of you in which case you would lose more money than $359.
if your gonna cash it cash it fast cause they cant legally do anything once its cashed in
Guess they shaked their moneymakers too long that one time.

And who's mral enough to tell one he'S immoral eh, do what you feel like doing, best choosing after a good drunken night, then the day after you don't remember half of what you done that week, when you'll see a pile of money waiting for your judging I think I know what will happen.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
wat r they gunna do? tell ur mommy! momma i got a check from the guitar store!
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Quote by Gäbe
Guess they shaked their moneymakers too long that one time.

And who's mral enough to tell one he'S immoral eh, do what you feel like doing, best choosing after a good drunken night, then the day after you don't remember half of what you done that week, when you'll see a pile of money waiting for your judging I think I know what will happen.

That makes no sense
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
well i have to use both of the checks at guitar center, you cant cash them, they're store credit.
My Gear:
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (loaded w/ Lollar Specials)
MXR Dyna Comp
B.K. Butler Tube Driver
EH Russian Muff
Fulltone GT-500
Keeley modded Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Vox Time Machine Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (MM transformer)
of corse
just spend them like a month between or like.. if they have a credit sefvice or soemthing do that that way when you cash the second and have likel 700 buy something nice
Hmm angel on one shoulder screaming nooo nooo don't cash it. Then there's a devil on the other saying yessss yesss. But don't do it cause they WILL notice the 300 and something dollars missing.
I don't get it. These are bank cheques? Not vouchers for money off at the store? Put them both in the bank. It's not your fault if they accidentally sent you money.
Quote by silhouettica
Yes. And spend all the money from both checks at guitar center

lmfao that would work,neh?
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
If you feel bad about it, wait until they clear and donate the money to charity.
Quote by Sozes Flying V

And you will have done something wrong, both morally, and legally

+1
Quote by mreed1990
Fraud is not cool.
It's not fraud. It's an error on their part, but I don't see how the threadstarter is under any obligation to correct them.
Don't cash the other one. Technically you're not really losing any money anyway. You'll just have what a started with.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by smb
It's not fraud. It's an error on their part, but I don't see how the threadstarter is under any obligation to correct them.

That's how things are here in the good ole USA. It isn't fraud, but it is illegal. They'll get his ass if he uses the other one.
Ever hear about the woman who's bank account had £100k accidentally deposited in it?
She spent it all. She got caught. The baliffs came round and she got sent down.

It is a mistake on their part but you should return it.
Quote by goest
There is the risk of getting caught. Return one and don't be a dick.

Yup, they have accountants, accounts receivables and accounts payable constantly going over what they have spent and been paid. Sent it back.
Quote by gitarzan
guitar center refunded me 359 bucks for a amp that died on me.

so i got the check in the mail the other day, and i was happy.

and today i checked the mail and there was another one. different check numbers and totally as legit as the first one. for 359 bucks as well.

should i use them both?

of course not at the same time, that would be a bit obvious.

but is it worth it? or is it even possible to get caught since i technically didnt do anything wrong?

Who's gonna get hurt if you do it? Its a lucky break, if you cant get caught if they're different cheque numbers
Quote by hairypineapple
Who's gonna get hurt if you do it? Its a lucky break, if you cant get caught if they're different cheque numbers

But they were mailed to the same address. That'd be pretty suspicious.
Return one. If you cash them both, not only will they demand their money back, you'll also likely receive a hefty fine. Then you might as well have gotten no money at all, and you'll still have a dead amp.
As long as they're both addressed to you, they're yours. It's legal. I remember a thread in GG&A where a dude recieved an amp from Musician's Friend, completely out of the blue. After discussion, it was decided that it was his.

You might want to ask a lawyer, just in case.
Quote by Sozes Flying V

ert...
Dilemma?
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.