Okay, since my friend is ****ing doorknob and will not play any great great death metal tunes such as, Eaten, Gallery of Suicide, etc., I need suggestions from you guys.

The main reason he won't play these is he is an ignorant twa- he likes melodic death metal a significant amount more then brutal death metal.

The reason it must be somewhat slow or medium paced, is that I, the drummer, haven't much experience (no lessons, can't blast to quick yet). I plan on taking lessons either from a teacher or just looking up shit on the internet in the near future, but for now we need something to jam to.

Yeah.. so I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest some death metal (or really any genre that you deem suitable for this predicament) songs for me and my friend to jam to.

Thanks!
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
What makes him ignorant if he likes a certain type of music better than another?
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
into eternity the song is on one of the lessons hear i dont know it
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.
Quote by KennethJay
What makes him ignorant if he likes a certain type of music better than another?

Lol, yes I know, I'm just mad at him xD. Anyways, thanks.. but please no CoB.. D=.
Whether or not you like them... I'd say the CoB suggestions, as well as some In Flames and Arch Enemy songs, would be your best bet.
Last edited by Delanoir at Sep 11, 2008,
Anything you guys can come up with that is a bit more oldschool melo-death (Gothenburg sound)? Sorry for being picky, but I doubt my guitarist could play some CoB Songs :P, I will check out the ones you mentioned though!

EDIT: Disregard that, I suck cocks . These songs are pretty easy lol
Last edited by AngrySockMonkey at Sep 11, 2008,
Dark Tranquillity - Lethe, Freecard
In Flames - Moonshield
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
Anything you guys can come up with that is a bit more oldschool melo-death (Gothenburg sound)? Sorry for being picky, but I doubt my guitarist could play some CoB Songs :P, I will check out the ones you mentioned though!

The main problem is finding ones that are slow... but I'll think.

Ones on the more simple side, at least, would be...

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear, Slaughter of the Soul
Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse, Carry the Cross, I Will Live Again
Children of Bodom - In Your Face, Sixpounder, Downfall, Angels Don't Kill
In Flames - Come Clarity, Only for the Weak, Satellites and Astronauts, Colony, Clad In Shadows
Quote by Delanoir
The main problem is finding ones that are slow... but I'll think.

Ones on the more simple side, at least, would be...

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear, Slaughter of the Soul
Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse, Carry the Cross, I Will Live Again
Children of Bodom - In Your Face, Sixpounder, Downfall, Angels Don't Kill
In Flames - Come Clarity, Only for the Weak, Satellites and Astronauts, Colony, Clad In Shadows

Slaughter of the Soul is great, can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. With a bit of practice I should be able to do it I think!

Thanks Delnoir, you've helped the most