I play a Martin backpacker guitar, in the guitar it says to only use extra light strings. I broke a string so I went to the music store and asked for some 80/20 bronze strings. The guy working there gave me some custom light strings(custom lights are slightly bigger) and told me these were the same thing and would work fine. So should I put those on my guitar or will it screw it up?
Well, since it says specifically to use extra lights you should proceed with caution. However, a problem isn't likely, especially since it's only a slightly bigger gauge.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Be careful, it might void any warranty you have if it breaks :P
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
one of my friend had strung his guitar with 13's when his guitar could only take 12s or less. when he took it to the shop they said that his bridge could have ripped out if he kept using them.

just be sure you know it's okay.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by about
one of my friend had strung his guitar with 13's when his guitar could only take 12s or less. when he took it to the shop they said that his bridge could have ripped out if he kept using them.

just be sure you know it's okay.

Go onto the martin website and look at the string section. It should tell you there.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.