Nobody answers the requests in the The Official and only "first guitar / What guitar / equipment should I get" thread So I have to make a new thread. I only play metal and I need a guitar that sounds good and it will not go out of tune easy like the cheap squier I had for 8 years.
I know, If you make the thread wanting to answer requests for guitars and amps answer the damn requests!
if i got another guitar, id get a telecaster. i just love the way they play, and they're pretty versatile. i play metal as well. but thats just what id buy, go and play and bunch of different stuff and see what you like.
A blue one, make and price is insignificant, just make sure its blue.
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
A gibson shredder v maybe (2300) Or a schecter v1 hellriser (700) or with a tremelo (850)
Quote by King85

I like your logic.
Please be sure to allow us to make all future decisions for you aswell please, it's not like we have the ability and free will to allow us to make our own decisions, oh wait....
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)
Since you said metal, I'd figure you should get something like an SG, or an Explorer, maybe like some sort of ESP/LTD. Not sure what your budget is.

I think if I were you, go to a music shop where you want to buy from, try out some ESP's, some Gibson SG's, try out some Schecters if they have any.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
yeah, try out some ESP's. I'd reccomend Forest for metal and eclipse/viper for Hard rock and metal. If you're into shred I'd go for horizon. These cost a tad more than 2k but you could always check the LTD versions of them out. Trust me, amazing guitars.

Shechter as someone already mentioned are also really cool guitars. Great gear for the price you pay, I dislike them though. They're metal axes, I'm not really into metal but I believe they'd suit you.

Don't get cheap versions of Fender or Gibsons, if you want them but cheaper you should get Squire or Epiphone, more guitar for less cash.

You should try PRS SE out, they are very cool sometimes. They may be pure crap or a really good guitar, it's not set in stone.

Hmm, Ibanez have some really good metal axes in your price range, rg's per example. I think that the nick is too thin, but who knows? You might like that, so be sure to try them out.

I hope this makes some sence. But if your guitar always gets out of tune maybe it's the set up? Try "oiling" the nut, your local music store probably has something for it. Maybe it's the tuners. You'd be able to replace them then. If you have a stratocaster model it could be the spring tension.

Good luck with everything.
a good metal guitar is any jackson...if your looking for a cheap one look for a dinky...it plays well and is really cheap, and it's a great shred guitar
Quote by King85

I dunno, lately I've really been into red guitars. They just sound and play soo much better. Of course don't even get me started on black, they just aren't right for me at all.

But srsly, go red.
i would go with a strat
i have a red stratocaster w/rosewood fretboard and it made me love electric sound all over again 8)
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals