Hey guys, alrigth so i'm taking a construction class in highschool (aka woodshop) and im working on making a grandfather clock. its pretty hard but i have a long time to do it and its lots of fun and i have a great class and everything but i need some help. you see, we have an engraver that is hooked up to a computer and it can engrave anything in the wood that we want (im thinking the foofighter f's would look really nice) but anyways heres my problem:

the computer its hooked up to isn't working and if i'm going to engrave i have to get working on that soon. the software is about 7grand so my teacher is looking to see if he can just fix the computer rather than getting a new one or anything. the computer says: BOOT FAILURE; SYSTEM PAUSE and we have no idea how to fix it. if anyone knows how that'd be a lot of help. im not a very computery guy but any help wud be appreciated and im sure the rest of my class would thank you as well if you could help.

thanks.
If whoever purchased the software was smart enough to keep the receipt/serial number, you can always request another copy of the software.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
If whoever purchased the software was smart enough to keep the receipt/serial number, you can always request another copy of the software.

lol its woodshop the teachers aren't the brightest and its about 6years old so both the orignal software and anythign that even had to do with it are probably long gone before my teacher was even at the school.

just if anyone recognizes the problem help wud be great because we're currently waiting to see if we mite have to get another computer that wont be here till next sem. wen i wont be able to use
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Sep 11, 2008,
Is that the only error display? No sign of what caused it? Doesn't say anything about the drive failing to boot?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Is that the only error display? No sign of what caused it? Doesn't say anything about the drive failing to boot?

no. its just a black screen and on it all it says is BOOT FAILURE; SYSTEM PAUSE nothign else.