Poll: On a scale of 1-10, Does it bother you when girls/guys smoke?
Poll Options
View poll results: On a scale of 1-10, Does it bother you when girls/guys smoke?
88 17%
18 3%
31 6%
26 5%
68 13%
19 4%
38 7%
59 11%
44 8%
139 26%
Voters: 530.
Page 1 of 5
How much does it bother you if girls/boys (who you're attracted to) smoke on a scale of 1-10(1 being the least)? Assuming you're a non-smoker (tobacco)
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I really liked a girl who smoked, and I think I would still be interested in her if she hadn't slept with my roommate.

EDIT: But otherwise, smoking is a big turnoff. Bothers me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 11, 2008,
If they're the asshole smoker, 10.

Otherwise, I could care less as long as they wash their mouths out after smoking if they plan on blowing me. In the case that I am going to be BJ'd.
id say nine

i hate it ALOT
but i have dated 2 people who smoke
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
10, and i'd tell them as I walked away, "My future wife thanks you for killing me a day early...."
ehhhh i saw a woman at walmart with a tracheotomy hole and she was playing with it and stretchign it out and what not... so im afraid that if i ever got with a girl who smoked that would happen

trach holes are yucky
well it depends what they smoke.

Cigs=NO

Marijuana=CHYEAHHHHHH
S m 0 0 k e w e e d & Live life bro.

Quote by keithmoon15
ehhhh i saw a woman at walmart with a tracheotomy hole and she was playing with it and stretchign it out and what not... so im afraid that if i ever got with a girl who smoked that would happen

trach holes are yucky

that. is. terrible.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
It's a huge turn-off. It can send the prettiest, cutest girl from the top of your attention span right to the floor.
Has ruined many a fantasy for me
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I hate it when people smoke around me. I hate the smell of of it, I hate everything about it. I even hold my breath when I walk past smokers on the street, which I know is lame. I just don't think its fair for me or anyone else to have to suffer because one person else smokes.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Wouldn't bother me at all, unless they're the kind who chain-smoke and blow it into your face all the time. ****in' hate people who do that.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
I can't help but think that they're trying to look cool, which makes them look lame.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I can't help but think that they're trying to look cool, which makes them look lame.

This.

What's your opinion on cigars? I really enjoy the occasional cigar, occasional being once every two to three months. I would be down with a girl who does the same.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
This.

What's your opinion on cigars? I really enjoy the occasional cigar, occasional being once every two to three months. I would be down with a girl who does the same.

Cigars are awesome every now and then.
I hardly know anyone who doesn't smoke. I don't particularly care anyway.
Quote by BlackLuster
It's a huge turn-off. It can send the prettiest, cutest girl from the top of your attention span right to the floor.
Has ruined many a fantasy for me

What if said woman was rocking this cigarette like a ****?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Personally, i'd rather a girl smoke. Me and my girlfriend are both heavy smokers, about a pack a day, and i couldn't see it any other way.
"it is better to be a part of beauty
for one instant and then to cease
to exist than to exist forever
and never be part of beauty"
-Don Marquis

Quote by nebraskan
People who are racist are probably the most ignorant alive.

A serious sig? WHATTT?
Smoking is a huge turn off for me.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I smoke cigars and roll my own fresh cigarettes on weekends. I don't care if a girl does at all as long as it isn't something like two packs a day.
I used to smoke a pack a day, for a few years. I quit almost two weeks ago because its time to start getting ready for the military.

Exercise is the best incentive to quit!

I'm happy my girlfriend does not smoke.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Its a pretty big turn off for me it gives me the impression
-they don't care about their body very much
-they don't care too much about the people that love them since they risk not living as long for no good reason
-they waste money
-they care too much about being cool or are easily peer pressured

that being said I really admire it if they are trying to quit, even if they fail I think it's great they are making an effort to improve themselves.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
It really doesn't bother me much. Seeing a girl smoking that I wouldn't expect to kind of throws me off at first, but otherwise it really doesn't matter. As long as she doesn't blow the smoke in my face and things like that, it's cool.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Trinitron
I hate it when people smoke around me. I hate the smell of of it, I hate everything about it. I even hold my breath when I walk past smokers on the street, which I know is lame. I just don't think its fair for me or anyone else to have to suffer because one person else smokes.

at my cross country practice yesterday we were doing hill repeats at a local park, and these two HUGE people, seriously they were freakin fat, came and sat down right next to the trail we were doing the timed runs on. Both of them were smoking and blowing it across the trail, it sucked. (personally I think they were making a drug deal cause towards the end of our practice another guy showed up and they all kept staring at us, as if they were waiting for us to leave.
Pi
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I can't really complain about someone smoking since I probably have a cigarette in my mouth at that time.

As a matter of fact, my cousin came up from Florida a while back and brought his family who we'd never met, and, when I saw his woman sitting at the card table playing poker with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the desire pangs of incestuous activities.
If she smokes a little pot every now and then thats fine but Cigarettes are a big No No.
Sig What?
I dont care about it, I dont really smoke much myself cuz i dont really see the point, but it only bothers me if a chick smokes a ciggeratte then kisses you right afterwards, I dont like making out with an ashtray. Id still date a girl that smokes though, if i really liked her.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by darth awsome
If she smokes a little pot every now and then thats fine but Cigarettes are a big No No.

this
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by greatone_12
Its a pretty big turn off for me it gives me the impression
-they don't care about their body very much
-they don't care too much about the people that love them since they risk not living as long for no good reason
-they waste money
-they care too much about being cool or are easily peer pressured

1. I'm in excellent shape. I do minor cardio every day and powerlift 2/3 days in a upper body, lower body, rest day cycle.

2. If smoking isn't daily, then it is about as equally unhealthy as tons of risk factors you probably don't consider. What's your body fat %? Are you in shape? Do you eat fast food?

3. Do you buy expensive food? Stuff you don't end up using? I bought a pound of fresh turkish tobacco for $25 and some papers for a few bucks. Since I'm an infrequent smoker, that will last for months.

4. No I don't. Most girls don't like that I smoke when I meet them. Also, why do I smoke in my backyard with friends that wouldn't think anything of me smoking or not?

I know you said "first impressions" and were probably talking about nicotine addicts, but I'm just playing the Devil's advocate here a bit.
Page 1 of 5