Page 1 of 5
Alot of metal heads completely hate christians and i don't understand why??? Phil - Rock made a comment in the hessian song game and i would simply like him and others to elaborate. Instead of knowingly getting banned by posting in the hessian song game thread my question i took my chances here so lets keep it clean and friendly as were sitting at a coffee shop and just sharing opinions.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
I too am curious.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Well, in the case of Behemoth, it's fairly obvious.

But, in the case of other bands, it's all up to their choices and you can only do one thing:

Deal with it.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
If a person is an average Christian - believes in the bible, goes to church, believes in a god, etc. and doesn't have his/her head buried in his/her ass, and has an acceptable personality, then the person is usually well-liked. The problem lies with fundamentalists, of any religion, philosophy, theology, ideology, or sociopolitical entity. It's those fundamentalists that we don't like.

That being said, Black Metal's message is acceptable, but if they do anything to persecute innocent Christians, it is not acceptable.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
They can't accept the fact the Jesus is more metal than satan. jk
I dont know any metal heads that hate christians. I hang out with a bunch of metal head and there dont hate on me or anything. One of them doesnt like relegion tho because he doesnt want to get into argerments and stuff about it.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by darkstar2466
If a person is an average Christian - believes in the bible, goes to church, believes in a god, etc. and doesn't have his/her head buried in his/her ass, and has an acceptable personality, then the person is usually well-liked. The problem lies with fundamentalists, of any religion, philosophy, theology, ideology, or sociopolitical entity. It's those fundamentalists that we don't like.

That being said, Black Metal's message is acceptable, but if they do anything to persecute innocent Christians, it is not acceptable.

Well said, but with Dimmu Borgir and such it feels like they go after EVERY christian. That may be the way you feel which completely understandable and I quite like your views but i think alot more people are pretty much anti-christian :P I may not be as aggressive but i feel the same way as you
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"

My Gear:
Quote by tona_107
i know as i lay dying doesn't.

Thats because As I lay dying is a christian metal band.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by Honkers
Well said, but with Dimmu Borgir and such it feels like they go after EVERY christian. That may be the way you feel which completely understandable and I quite like your views but i think alot more people are pretty much anti-christian :P I may not be as aggressive but i feel the same way as you

Well, unless you're a ninny, it's fairly obvious they're (that which being black metal bands) not after every Christian in the world.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by darkstar2466

Still, there are different forms of fundamentalist Christians. Some are extremists crazy who have taken the teaching's of the Bible out of context and others just simply believe that what it says s true. I am the latter. I believe what the Bible says but I do not persecute others because they believe differently than I do. I believe that is ridiculously stupid and wrong.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Last edited by Riffomatic_5000 at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Well, unless you're a ninny, it's fairly obvious they're (that which being black metal bands) not after every Christian in the world.

haha good point. I love the word ninny and that does make alot sense. But it does seem as if alot of them hate Christians, hate. Which is incredibly strong emotion and they have no real reason

My Gear:
A lot of black metal and death metal bands have messages some people consider "anti-Christian" and it's not about bashing the religion, it's moer about showing what damage organized religion taken to extremes has caused.

Look at the crusades, look at televangelists, look at the south, look at republican politics.

Now, I'm not saying that Christianity caused those things, or that no good has come out of any of them. It's people pushing the religion and their interpretation of its values on people that made those above things bad overall.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Sep 11, 2008,
It's because Right Hand Path is commonly seen as "good" and Left Hand Path is commonly seen as "evil", so if you want to make evil sounding music it makes sense to attack Right Hand Path religions.
Quote by darkstar2466

Exactly, I have nothing against Christians. I may disagree with Christianity, but I don't hate normal Christians, just super fundamentalist douche bags.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by UncleCthulhu
It's because Right Hand Path is commonly seen as "good" and Left Hand Path is commonly seen as "evil", so if you want to make evil sounding music it makes sense to attack Right Hand Path religions.

Are you talking about politics? lol. I think your point is very good though but bands can sound evil without having to do that. Look at immortal. All they do is talk about killing people and such which i find awesome. Those are the type of lyrics i write and lyrics based off classic books such as frankenstein, you dont need to attack Christians to be evil

My Gear:
Right Hand Path = conventional religion (Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc)
Left Hand Path = weird shit (Paganistic religions etc)

At the end of the day, different people write different styles of lyrics.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Right Hand Path = conventional religion (Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc)
Left Hand Path = weird shit (Paganistic religions etc)

At the end of the day, different people write different styles of lyrics.

oh, i see. That actually makes alot of sense. Attack what is considered to be good and "righteouss"

My Gear:
Well, black metal was born of a desire to rebel against the mainstream, and because of the culture in black metal's birthplace, Christianity became a symbol of everything they thought was worth rebelling against. Norwegians felt like Christianity had robbed them of their heritage, and it was a natural response to lash out against it. As time passed, more metal acts adopted this view, and it became sort of an image thing (not that there aren't serious Christian-hating bands out there). Basically, Christianity has been the source of most society's moralities, so metal sought to challenge the authority of it.
I prefer the middle path.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

Exactly. I have no problem with christians or any other religion. I don't agree with whole organised religion bit, but if that's what they want to do then that's their choice. I'm not going to whinge to them about their beliefs/choices and I expect them to the same.
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Thats because As I lay dying is a christian metal band.

haahahahahah,...uhhhh REALLY?

You are so wise.
If power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, then the omnipotent
creator of heaven and earth must be the most evil son-of-a-bitch who ever lived.
Non-Christians, we are told, are damned to hell because they have not accepted
Christ as their personal savior.

-Preface to the Demonic Bible.

It's the turn or burn attitude I dislike. Pursue your own path. I'm always open to engage in discussion of philosophies. Whether you worship a rock or Satan or God.. whomever.

If there was no such thing as Christianity then metal would be pretty bland, don't ya think?
I think metal would still be awesome if there was no christians to bash. Look at black dahlia's lyrics not a single anti christian lyric yet they have some pretty BA songs

My Gear:
Quote by Honkers
I think metal would still be awesome if there was no christians to bash. Look at black dahlia's lyrics not a single anti christian lyric yet they have some pretty BA songs

O Rly?

"Our motives to them never clear, damn this liars world, we speak a truth you've all awaited impaling holy fallacy the filthy blood of christian seed akin to looming the serpent we've patiently anticipated the time to rise is upon us my lord i kneel before you paint me bloody red bathing in blasphemy"

Of Darkness Spawned from Nocturnal album.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Penisaur
O Rly?

"Our motives to them never clear, damn this liars world, we speak a truth you've all awaited impaling holy fallacy the filthy blood of christian seed akin to looming the serpent we've patiently anticipated the time to rise is upon us my lord i kneel before you paint me bloody red bathing in blasphemy"

Of Darkness Spawned from Nocturnal album.

lollerskates. Good point and nice on completely shutting me down ;]

My Gear:
Personally I find most bands that are anti-christian themed to be pretty boring and cliche. Though I think Behemoth does a damn good job of pulling it off.
Murder and death and gore don't phase people as much as they used to. Poking their religion (or setting it on fire, I'm look at you Varg) still manages to piss them off. And after all, that's part of some people's attraction to the metal scene. Upsetting people and making their parents mad.

Me, I'm just here for the music. When most bands do their obligatory anti-Christianity song, it usually makes me think less of them. It's not "new" in metal and they rarely have any new thoughts to contribute. It's a bit stale.

If there was no such thing as Christianity then metal would be pretty bland, don't ya think?

There would certainly need to be a new subject to cruxify(heh). Like knitting.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
I think the anti-christian metal is getting really old. Enough all ready!, we get it. whatever. they make good music,but i think they could get a bit more creative with the lyrics. Christians are fine as long as they arent annoying or anit-metal
I am a Christian. But I am not like the ones I like to call "Fanatics", who try and covert everyone just because they dont believe in the same thing as them. If you worship Satan, then good for you. I dont care what you believe in. I dont judge people based on there religion. I actually dislike most Christians. They are such hypocrites its unbelievable.
Quote by darkstar2466

+1000000

Fundamentalists FTL
Quote by stratguy335
+1000000

Fundamentalists FTL

Define Fundamentalists please

My Gear:
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Still, there are different forms of fundamentalist Christians. Some are extremists crazy who have taken the teaching's of the Bible out of context and others just simply believe that what it says s true. I am the latter. I believe what the Bible says but I do not persecute others because they believe differently than I do. I believe that is ridiculously stupid and wrong.

This.
Quote by which ones pink
This.

Umm... that didnt clarify?

My Gear:
Quote by Honkers
Define Fundamentalists please

3. strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles
Quote by GBcommander
3. strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles

So the crazies basically? lol. I can see why people dont like them, we do the same thing with Islam

My Gear:
Yes, the people who take it too far. Kind of like all of the south in the United States.
I personally disapprove of religion in general, but I find the bands that go "UUURGH YOU CHRISTIANS OPRESSED US 1500 YEARS AGO SO WE SHALL SLAUGHTER YOU AAAAALLL" very immature. Of course, lots of black metal artists just say that for fun (like death metal bands and shagging corpses), but there are a few guys who do believe that stuff. To be honest, those kinds of people are just as hyprocritical and irrational as extremists from any other religion. Satanism IS a religion, just like christianity, catholicism, and islam. All have their extremists, close minded members, and open minded members.

I personally believe that submitting to a religion is kind of like littering your mind, but a few of my friends are christian/ catholic. It kind of irks me when they push their religion, but meh, they're generally cool people. After all, it's just as stupid to persecute somebody for their beliefs as it is to push your beliefs onto somebody.
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by GBcommander
Yes, the people who take it too far. Kind of like all of the south in the United States.

I kind of take offense to that. There are plenty of crazies in the north......I think the Baptists around here are all ****ing crazy though, including all my grandparents.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I kind of take offense to that. There are plenty of crazies in the north......I think the Baptists around here are all ****ing crazy though, including all my grandparents.

I live in Florida. It was a joke. I know not everyone is like that. But alot of them are. Sorry if I offended you.
Quote by GBcommander
I live in Florida. It was a joke. I know not everyone is like that. But alot of them are. Sorry if I offended you.

I was half joking too.

I'm in Oklahoma and I hear my fair share of religious fanatics. I was own some n00bs in my English class though. We were talking about Puritans and I knew way more about Christianity than anyone else in there and I'm not really religious. (and we have a girl in there that I would call a 'JEYZUS person'.) It was great. (I watch the History Channel a lot. )
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 5