Sup everybody, just got a new Crate CA6110DG 60-watt Acoustic Amp today (http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-CA6110DG-Gunnison-Acoustic-Guitar-Amplifier-?sku=487791). The amp has a bunch of great reviews and everything, but I don't see why...

When I have the tweeter on max, I get a bunch of static noise. When I turn it off, it goes away, but my acoustic sounds pretty muddy and bad. So I basically need it on... This problem is... bareable slightly but I'm still pretty mad about it.

The next thing is, when I turn up the volume past about 5, I will get crippling feedback that will blow out my ears, lol...

Any way to fix these problems? All my settings are on 0, no boost/cut on anything like bass,mid,treble.

It would suck if this is normal for acoustic amps... This amp is apparently really good from what I've read, but maybe acoustic amp users just have low standards?

Btw, Im using an Ibanez AEL10E acoustic-electric, brand new as well.

Meh :[
i wouldnt have gotten that amp.
never.

i've had my roland chorus 60 for years now. great little amp.
in addition SWR make Great amps (a little heavy for me)

but if you dont want to spend the extra $100, and dont have access to used amps, then check out PA systems.
do you need an acoustic amp?

when i play out, i usually direct line into a PA system.

they make my guitars sound great.
PA systems love acoustic guitars, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i wouldnt have gotten that amp.
never.

i've had my roland chorus 60 for years now. great little amp.
in addition SWR make Great amps (a little heavy for me)

but if you dont want to spend the extra $100, and dont have access to used amps, then check out PA systems.
do you need an acoustic amp?

when i play out, i usually direct line into a PA system.

they make my guitars sound great.
PA systems love acoustic guitars, imo.

Do PA systems have a guitar cable input, or would I have to buy one of those 3-prong cables? Forgive my PA noobiness.

And yes, I know Crate has a bad reputation, but the reviews for this specific amp told me otherwise, or so I thought.

I guess I don't need an acoustic amp, I just figured it would be easier than having a PA due to me only having to bring one thing, and not multiple things(speakers,mixer, etc).

What is the general consensus for which has better quality, PA system vs acoustic amp, assuming you're comparing an acoustic amp and a PA of the same price.

Lastly, any PA reccomendations?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by Acoustic_Drew at Sep 11, 2008,
well, this stage pass is pretty hot.

http://www.wwbw.com/Yamaha-STAGEPAS-300-Portable-PA-System-i155329.music

in the reviews you can see that a couple of guys plug their acoustics straight into it.

an acoustic amp is like a little keyboard or vocal PA amp. it doesnt color the tone the same way an electric amp does.

so when i play a pub thing, i'll make sure they have a PA, i direct line right into it and im set.
or mic the guitar. (some guys do, i've never had to)

so you wouldnt Need to carry a large PA, unless the gig didnt have a system. and if they don't then i guess they wouldnt have had a vocal mic setup either and most acoustic amps fall short volume wise, when you try to input mic + guitar.

sorry, i'm rambling.

lastly, some electric amps sound fine with acoustic / e guitars. so if you already had one, then use it and see.

ok hope i made some sense.

again, FYI i've got a couple of acoustic amps i use at practice. but i buy too many things, so don't read too much into that
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Acoustic_Drew
Do PA systems have a guitar cable input, or would I have to buy one of those 3-prong cables? Forgive my PA noobiness.

And yes, I know Crate has a bad reputation, but the reviews for this specific amp told me otherwise, or so I thought.

I guess I don't need an acoustic amp, I just figured it would be easier than having a PA due to me only having to bring one thing, and not multiple things(speakers,mixer, etc).

What is the general consensus for which has better quality, PA system vs acoustic amp, assuming you're comparing an acoustic amp and a PA of the same price.

Lastly, any PA reccomendations?

Thank you very much.

You just need a regular jack cable (guitar cable) PA's usually have inputs for both jack cables and XLR cables
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!