Alright, so my brother (the aforementioned n00b) broke me guitar. I had it leaning up against a door outside, walking over to go get it. Before I get there, however, he opens the door without moving the guitar first. Idiot. It goes crashing to the cement, and I informed him of his being a "bloody c*nt."

I checked to see the damage he caused, and at first glance it wasnt so bad. A few of the strings were in the wrong nut slot, so I moved them back, and went to bed.

In the morning, I looked at it again, all fine. It went horribly out of tune, so I fixed that. I then went to play, and felt a crack on the neck. I was just thinking "wtf". I followed the crack, and it lead to the corner of the neck, where the neck and nut meet. I notced the nut was pushed over to one side, over hanging part of the headstock. I move it back to place.

Presently, the string tension is holding the nut in place. I admit, its not that badly broken. The nut doesnt anger me to much, but the crack in the neck.

Now to the point. How do I get the nut back on. I think I should glue it, but what kind of glue should I use?

TL;DR

My nut fell off, what kind of glue should I use to put it back on.
i dont know about the nut but you could probably get an replacement neck if your too upset about the crack
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
"my nut fell off"... that sounds so wrong...

Anyway, that happened to my old guitar (except I never dropped it, it just came loose. Gotta hate loose nuts) I didn't fix it, I just let it be. Eventually sold it. Anyway, if I were you, I'd use epoxy.
elmers glue would be fine and most people don't check for guitars leaning against the doors they are opening and closing.
SRV R.I.P.
Meh, we were coming home from my dads, and I put it up against the door because I forgot something in the car. I know my brother saw it because he was outside as well. In hindsight, I shouldnt have, but...
Quote by Zecromancer
"my nut fell off"... that sounds so wrong...

Anyway, that happened to my old guitar (except I never dropped it, it just came loose. Gotta hate loose nuts) I didn't fix it, I just let it be. Eventually sold it. Anyway, if I were you, I'd use epoxy.

are you by chance making a refrence to saggy balls :P
dont lie :|
I know I always check for guitars when using doors... But not everyone's had my training.

The noob in this situation is the op; he should quit guitar and give up on life.

p.s. I'm only being so mean because the op is a jerk for acting like this isn't his fault anyway.
Alright alright..

So first off.. You're guitar is outside?
What's it doing outside?
and now it's leaning against a door?
Why in the world would you put it there?

Get a stand and treat it properly.

Obviously you don't care much for your guitar or any of your stuff.

n00bz0r

You guys rip into the poor guy like he isn't feeling bad already. He knows it was his fault he's just letting off a little steam.
you left a guitar leaning against a door totally unprotected, not in a case or anything and your brother is the idiot?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Use super glue.

Put you guitar on a stand or inside the case when you're not playing.

And don't put the stand near the door.
hue
note to self, don't lean guitar on door.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
i think that should probably be obvious enough =/ dont put the guitar in places where it can fall easily >.< take better care of your instrument, or else you will find yourself without :P
so your brother is the n00b?
he didnt lean the guitar against a door outside!