I installed amplitube 2 and need a cheap way to get it to work.

My line in is not working with my guitar. It's an on board PC soundcard line in (Win XP) and I used a mono 1/4" to 1/8" (mini) adapter to plug it in. I have been tweaking with the line in levels but, after the first strum, there is major feedback or noise or whatever you want to call it.

I then downloaded an ASIO4all driver (latest 2.8 not beta) and it didn't help at all. In fact, the noise wouldn't end until I closed the application.

I also could not find any info on hardware or adapters that I could hook up to my pc to get it to work. I really don't want to exceed $15 because I'm pretty low on budget.

I have googled through countless pages and I could not find a single helpful tip. Please help.

Thanks.
sounds like you should uninstall and reinstall your software and reboot the comp etc etc first...

But it definitely doesn't see like hardware. It seriously sounds like there is a non stop echo effect going or something right?
check you're windows mixer and disable the audio for that input so that it records but you can't hear it then in you're daw/effects software you should hear the processed signal
i have a similar problem
i cant hear my guitar when im using amplitube but if i use the sound recorder it works fine

any suggestions as to why?
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.