Dear Dr. Phil.

Yes, so my guitar is being ****ing stupid.

but only sometimes.

the low E string drops half a step sometimes when I strum.

the g string drops half/ a full step (varies) when I bend it (bending half a step)

and my high e string is just ****ing retarded, it randomly goes out of tune sometimes when you're changing it's tuning, you'll feel a lot of tension, then it just gets alot flatter.

how do I fix my stupid ass guitar?

Thanks
String it better?
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
what guitar is it?
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
maybe the tuner pegs are slipping
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
what guitar is it..

might start to think bout getting another one
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
new tuners?

lube the nut and contact points.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Take strings off, get some graphite in the grooves of the nut, replace strings, see if that sorts it.... assuming it isn't a locking nut... but I can't be bothered to research what a jagmaster has....
[
I've had that happen before too. It end up being the tuning peg. Probably something to do with the gear inside it not catching right. That will happen with low-end guitars though. Try de-tuning a whole bunch (so there is a lot of slack), then re-tune to pitch.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by Swap-Meet
Meh...Anything that I can do without losing money from my

"i wanna buy a mustang" fund?

lube contact points, wrap these tuners better than other guitars because they arent as good.
find a good locking technique online.

it dont help if the tuners are slipping, but it's all i've got.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

1. Get a better guitar.
2. Make sure you're tuning/playing right.
3. Make sure you're putting the strings on right.
http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricstandard.html

that's my usual.

d'addario has a video on their site isnt bad. but you might want to add a crossover bend at the end.

http://www.daddario.com/DADTipDetail.aspx?ParID=241
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by nan0
1. Get a better guitar.
2. Make sure you're tuning/playing right.
3. Make sure you're putting the strings on right.

1. Just cause it's a squier doesn't mean it's a bad guitar. It's just got shitty tuners, and I'm too cheap to change them cause i can live with it for a month (till I get my new guitar)...I will still play this one ALOT though.
2. yes / yes
3. Yes
Quote by Swap-Meet
Squier Jagmaster

well there's your problem. sh!tty tuners most likely, or if it strated to happen all of a sudden, then your strings could be jacked up or your nut maybe. check your bridge too. sometimes that might kill tuning. if nothing solves your problems, guitar tech?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
well there's your problem. sh!tty tuners most likely, or if it strated to happen all of a sudden, then your strings could be jacked up or your nut maybe. check your bridge too. sometimes that might kill tuning. if nothing solves your problems, guitar tech?

No one else I know who has a jagmaster, have this problem, I'll go on another forum, and ask people that aren't incredibly stupid and judge a guitars quality just cause it's a Squier.
I have the same problem with my cort G200. I tune the strings perfectly but as i play one or two of them can go out of tune suddenly. I think the nut is a bit too tight around the strings but i haven't done anything about it since it isn't a huge problem. I usually make sure I do a few bends on each string while i'm tuning so if they are going to suddenly change they do it then.

Of course, i might actually have a completely different problem to you, it's impossible to tell for certain.

good luck!
buy a new one that is more than at least $300
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Quote by Guitarfanatic93
buy a new one that is more than at least $300

this is by far the stupidest response I've got in this thread..

Obviously a more expensive guitar will have higher quality hardware, but buying a new guitar is not going to solve my problem with the Jag.. I know a few people who have them, and they don't have that problem, so I doubt the tuners are crappy.

P.S. it came out to like 290$ with taxes I'm sure an extra 10$ wouldn't get me the most 1337 tuners.
stop strumming like a spaz? then you wont knock your strings out of tune. also try stretching your strings more. Or just buy new tuners, they arnt that expensive
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
maybe is just because squiers suck no offense
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Quote by Swap-Meet
Lemme guess, I should ditch the whole fender / squier lines, and go buy an Ibanerz, or Jackson so I can play teh br00tal metal tunes?

Lol I do Think So! hahahahaha stop doing black magic or how did You discovered discovered me?

Just joking but wait a second even if my style is metal ,jacksons and in particular Ibanez are not just metal guitars they are good for many other things But squiers are only for blues R&B and classic rock that`s it
GEAR
Classic Guitar
Quote by dante_3_16
Lol I do Think So! hahahahaha stop doing black magic or how did You discovered discovered me?

Just joking but wait a second even if my style is metal ,jacksons and in particular Ibanez are not just metal guitars they are good for many other things But squiers are only for blues R&B and classic rock that`s it

That jusst proves my point, you know nothing about squiers. They can pretty much do alot of what the fenders can do, just not as well...and fenders are some of the most versatile guitars.
Quote by Swap-Meet
That jusst proves my point, you know nothing about squiers. They can pretty much do alot of what the fenders can do, just not as well...and fenders are some of the most versatile guitars.

fenders!!! not squiers but anyway i dont like them even if they are versatile I dont like their shapes

Ibanez also are very vesatile

and maybe the problem it just they way the strings are tied

or if You have a trem maybe it has some problem
GEAR
Classic Guitar
Last edited by dante_3_16 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet
1. Just cause it's a squier doesn't mean it's a bad guitar. It's just got shitty tuners, and I'm too cheap to change them cause i can live with it for a month (till I get my new guitar)...I will still play this one ALOT though.
2. yes / yes
3. Yes

How can you play if it's all out of tune? Maybe you just can't tell that your playing is just plain nothing. Maybe it's your signature tuning.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I lub my guitar, wouldn't switch it for most gibsons and shizzy...well...that's a lie, I'd switch it for a gibson, sell it, and buy another one + have cash

but you get the idea..

Not with the new Gibsons you wouldn't.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by nan0
How can you play if it's all out of tune? Maybe you just can't tell that your playing is just plain nothing. Maybe it's your signature tuning.

I usually play in standard...and when I say usually I mean 99.99% of the time. It's not always out of tune, next time read the first post, I said SOMETIMES.
Quote by Swap-Meet
I usually play in standard...and when I say usually I mean 99.99% of the time. It's not always out of tune, next time read the first post, I said SOMETIMES.
YOU CANUCKS DONT MAKE SENSE!..Ithink it is past your bedtime