i may lend my little 10 watt practice amp to a friend for him to play bass on until he can afford a half-decent amp. it's i think maybe a 6 inch speaker. you think itll damage my amp? i don't really care, but i just want to know.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
yeah, i think it will.

that little speaker is going to jump around and eventually pick up a buzz noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
tell him to play it really really quietly, or else the speaker will do bad things.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
BASS FREQUENCIES RUIN GUITAR AMPLIFIERS!

dont do it! youre amp WILL get screwed up permanently.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i dont really care.. that's cool. i have a frontman 25r for a practice amp, which i rarely use. the littler amp is the carry around amp, which will soon retire.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
turn the treb up all the way up and the bass down. i heard les claypool actually plays through a marshall stack like that, but the case is different for this guitar amp if he can pick up a cheap speaker from an old stereo system from goodwill or something thats like like 12" diameter and runs your amp through that it will effect it less. bit otherwise cut out all the bass on the amp head as you can should help.
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
The amp does not get damaged FYI, just the speaker. But yes, the vibrations will cause the speaker to crack.
excuse my poorly formed sentences
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
It would work if you were doing the opposite. Bass amps are meant to handle a wide range a vibrations. Guitar amps don't quite work that way. It might be fine, but it could blow the speaker, or worse.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I dunno... I use my brother's bass sometimes on a few of my amps (although not my genz benz, no way XD)

So far my other amps have survived
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite