What order does everything go in?

Like:

Input > Pre amp > Distortion > EQ > Power Amp > Speakers

Like that?

Sorry if its a dumb question.
Actually Distortion (pre-amp distortion) and EQ comes from the pre-amp.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
Actually Distortion (pre-amp distortion) and EQ comes from the pre-amp.

So it goes

Input > Pre amp > Power amp > Speaker?

Which is the one that does the actual amplification? I'm assuming the Power Amp.
If you don't understand those things you should not be building an amp. It doesn't work like that, you don't just drop a few parts in a box and screw them together.
The preamp alone is made up of dozens of individual capacitors, resistors, sockets, tubes, and wires. All of those things need to be carefully selected and placed or the amp won't work.
This is about as simple as one would get:

And if you screw up you'll get electrocuted and die. So, get some books on tube amps, read through them, then get a really simple kit to start off. Building amps is fun, but it's not nearly as simple as you think.
Quote by Roc8995
If you don't understand those things you should not be building an amp. It doesn't work like that, you don't just drop a few parts in a box and screw them together.
The preamp alone is made up of dozens of individual capacitors, resistors, sockets, tubes, and wires. All of those things need to be carefully selected and placed or the amp won't work.
This is about as simple as one would get:

And if you screw up you'll get electrocuted and die. So, get some books on tube amps, read through them, then get a really simple kit to start off. Building amps is fun, but it's not nearly as simple as you think.

I'm not an idiot. I've made pedals and simple 2 watt amps before. Most of the little amps i make are just one big circuit using one or two op amps. There was no pre or power amp (Well there was) So i just wanted to check.
My point is, your original question indicated that you are not at all ready to build a tube amp. You need to do much more research than that. Have fun though, post pics when you're done.
Feel free to PM me if you need help
Quote by Roc8995
My point is, your original question indicated that you are not at all ready to build a tube amp. You need to do much more research than that. Have fun though, post pics when you're done.
Feel free to PM me if you need help

I know i dont have the knowledge to make a full tube amp. I was thinking of making a smaller SS amp (10 watts?) and the moving on to a tube amp.