what are the differences between the electro-harmonix big muff and all of its spin offs?
obviously the metal muff is higher gain
but for the double muff, nano muff, little big muff, russian big muff,english muff'n what are the significant differences from the USA big muff?

and how woud they go with an epi valve jr. halfstack for rock(van halen)to metal(early metallica)
thank you for any help you can provide
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Double Muff would work, because it's more like an overdrive.
Quote by imgooley
Double Muff would work, because it's more like an overdrive.

isnt it like vintage big muff?, thats just what ive seen from reviews, since my guitarcenter is so limited the only ones they have are metal and usa big muff
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
isnt it like vintage big muff?, thats just what ive seen from reviews, since my guitarcenter is so limited the only ones they have are metal and usa big muff

Well you didn't mention the MM. That would actually work best for you and what you want, though the VJ isn't voiced for what you want.
Quote by imgooley
Well you didn't mention the MM. That would actually work best for you and what you want, though the VJ isn't voiced for what you want.

the whole VJ thing was really an afterthought, the main question was the differences between all the different muffs, and would a crate v- series be better, i was gonna do blues to, but i figured the VJ would do that by itself
Quote by guitardude34875
I don't know most of them but the big muff is a modern fuzz pedal, the Metal muff is a high gain distortion and the English Muff'n a tube driven overdrive
I'm not really sure, I haven't played it much, but it isn't really a distortion pedal. If you want br00talz check out the metal muff
wouldnt metal distortion sound bad with a vj? and better with one of the crate v's?
i dont use alot of bass at all, i saw where you said they only get muddy with lots of bass in the other thread
Quote by guitardude34875