Anyone heard anything about these amps?If I get one,it'll be my first tube.They come at a really cheap price,and musicians friend says it has 2 channels,although on the control panel I only see enough knobs for 1.Iv also been told that the power rating for tubes and solid state amps run differently.Can anyone help me with this?Im way tired,so if this is confusing..Im really sorry.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
i was wondering the same thing, i heard somewhere on here that they're really muddy
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
What kind of music do you play? Do you play with a drummer or gig at all or is this just for home practice?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It will be PLENTY loud enough for most gigs and since you said you don't need anything high gain in you last thread, it should be fine. It might look like on channel but often amps like that have a clean channel with a volume control and a gain channel with a volume and drive. The eq and reverb are master controls.
It'll be for practice.No band.No gigging.But even though it'll be a practice amp,I still want the best tone that I could possibly get for the money.I would hate for it to sound muddy like George was saying.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
Quote by Z-Bone
It'll be for practice.No band.No gigging.But even though it'll be a practice amp,I still want the best tone that I could possibly get for the money.I would hate for it to sound muddy like George was saying.

thats just what ive heard on here, but i think it was people suspiscious of crate slashing their prices
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
If it's for bedroom, look at the V18. You will be able to turn it up more and get better tone. It is said that if you crank up the bass it gets muddy but an eq pedal would help.
^yeah, helll if you can handle the back order status the V18 is hard to beat for $150. That's the cost of a good pedal alone. You could sell it if you didn't like it and actually make a profit (after the sale is over).

I don't think the V18 has an effects loop or reverb but I was too lazy to go look it up.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^yeah, helll if you can handle the back order status the V18 is hard to beat for $150. That's the cost of a good pedal alone. You could sell it if you didn't like it and actually make a profit (after the sale is over).

I don't think the V18 has an effects loop or reverb but I was too lazy to go look it up.

Back order my foot, mine gets here tommorow, and I ordered it on Sunday!
One channel but has reverb. They're right, you don't need the V50. The V18 will be hold up to a drummer, you just won't have a ton of cleans at high volume. But it[s not muddy if you know how to control a "bass" knob. Unbeatable at $149.00.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I wanted to get one, but I think other things are more important (speakers+an awesome OD).

But, If you're playing in your bedroom, go for the 18.
The 50 seems to be the least liked out of all of them, it seems.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I had mine on backorder from GC. Then samash slashed their prices and had like 20 left and I ordered it there and cancelled my order from GC. I got mine last friday.

The V-18 is only muddy if you pump the bass. Back off on the bass and its smooth sailing. It breaks up pretty early... but the break up is really nice sounding. Honestly, I have no complaints about this amp. Great price, awesome tone (even out of my entry level ibanez). Throw a good overdrive pedal in front of it and it sings.

Bottom line... GET IT BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP!

Oh P.S. Don't get the V50, too loud. I play in between 2 and 3 most of the time and its plenty plenty loud.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R
311ZOSO...I got mine off MF, of all places. Just got here today. Brilliant little bugger for $150. Rivals my 60's Tiesco and Fender, as far as just being fun to play goes.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
311ZOSO...I got mine off MF, of all places. Just got here today. Brilliant little bugger for $150. Rivals my 60's Tiesco and Fender, as far as just being fun to play goes.

New Amp Day?

pleasy. picky. clipy?

you guys underestimate the power of 18 tube watts. The 18 watter will get nice and loud when cranked but it will def be more suited to your bedroom than the v50.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

They are great aren't they?

I ordered my V33H on monday and got it yesterday.