Would it sound good? or should I just go buy a schecter hellraiser?
I'm trying to play killswitch engage and some disturbed.
my squier is my drop c guitar, sounds fine. just go out and get some .11's for it and you'll be set, as long as it has a humbucker in the bridge.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
It will not sound good. You will need extremely heavy guage strings and it will likely mess up your setup from all the increased tension.
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by Illeaturmom
Would it sound good? or should I just go buy a schecter hellraiser?
I'm trying to play killswitch engage and some disturbed.

Why the hell havent you bought it yet!
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I didn't really feel like wasting my time if it wouldn't sound good thats why I asked here first.
Quote by Illeaturmom
I baught it already. I was just asking before I tuned it.

you bought the hellraiser you mean? or what?
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Illeaturmom
I didn't really feel like wasting my time if it wouldn't sound good thats why I asked here first.

The Squier should sound ok. Your main concern should be the gauges of the strings, if they're not heavy then you might have some playability issues.
No I thought you meant the crappy squier guitar. I plan on buying the hellraiser next week because this guitar is pissing me off. The sound is crap and I have a good amp it's a roland cube 30.
itll sound like garbage...or like slowly ruin ur guitar lol...u need a floyd rose lol thats ur main requirement...that and a mean bucker

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by pwrmax
The Squier should sound ok. Your main concern should be the gauges of the strings, if they're not heavy then you might have some playability issues.

Ok I'll try it and see how it sounds.
I tried doing this on my Squier and was not happy with the results. I bought an Epi LEs Paul and I keep it in drop C all the time. (I got 0.10's on it) rocks out nicely.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Quote by Illeaturmom
No I thought you meant the crappy squier guitar. I plan on buying the hellraiser next week because this guitar is pissing me off. The sound is crap and I have a good amp it's a roland cube 30.

Something tells me that the guitar itself isn't the problem here...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by juancsego
itll sound like garbage...or like slowly ruin ur guitar lol...u need a floyd rose lol thats ur main requirement...that and a mean bucker

do i dare point out your stupidity?

first of a floyd is definatly not a requirement, second sure a humbucker would get the best sound out of drop C but maybe your playing some weird country/folk guitar.

to TS, it should be fine so long as

A) have at least 11's on your guitar. (i get away with 10's but a little to much slack for my liking).
B) your guitar is set up for Drop C, you can have tuning problems if you tune your guitar to drop C if your guitar is set up to be in standard. (neck warpage etc).

also i strongly advise to get the schecter, you will be so much happier.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...