I have a 50 Watt Peavey Valve king tube amp, which is pretty good for home practice but for band practice i have to really crank it to be heard with everything else going on and i dont have money for a new halfstack so im thinking it i just get a speaker cabinet like a 4x12 and im wondering do i have to specify which brand and model or can i get any old 4x12 cabinet and get my peavy to be the head speaker for it?
Fender Stratocaster Mexican
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Peavy 112 Valve King 50 Watt Tube Amp

Boss Giga Delay DD20
Boss Overdrive DS20
Boss Compression Sustainer CS-3
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Boss Chorus CS-1
Boss Pedal Board BCB-60
As long as the impedance and watts match up then you will be good to go (the cab can be rated to handle more watts than the head pushes out but never the other way around!)
so if my head is 50 watts and the cabinet is like 200-300 that would work?
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Boss Giga Delay DD20
Boss Overdrive DS20
Boss Chorus CS-1
Boss Pedal Board BCB-60
Quote by Ghold125
how loud is your drummer playing???

its with my drummer bassist and the rythm guitarist has a half stack so im struggling to be heard sometimes,and when we start doing shows id want a cabinet
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Boss Giga Delay DD20
Boss Overdrive DS20
Boss Chorus CS-1
Boss Pedal Board BCB-60
Quote by Fletcher092
so if my head is 50 watts and the cabinet is like 200-300 that would work?

Yes that would work as long as you match the impedance (ohms).

Quote by Fletcher092
its with my drummer bassist and the rythm guitarist has a half stack so im struggling to be heard sometimes,and when we start doing shows id want a cabinet

Adding a cab won't really make it any louder - it will just sound clearer at higher volumes because more speakers will give you more headroom.
alright thanks metalhead
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Boss Giga Delay DD20
Boss Overdrive DS20
Boss Chorus CS-1
Boss Pedal Board BCB-60
50W?
Damn, how loud is the drummer?

I can play with a drummer with my 15W Fender Super Champ. wtf?
And I don't crank it, I just have it at 5 maybe 6

The 112 is rated at 16ohms.

Try an OD pedal if you don't have one. This amp loves teh Digitech Bad Monkey.

I've also learned that having something, anything including just a cable, in the effects loop gains it up a bit and cleans up the muddiness. I've also learned that putting a dummy jack in the 1st Input jack and your guitar in the 2nd Input jack def gains it up a bit and cleans up the muddiness.

I do all of this with Boost on too at low volumes and it's great imo. Try it.

Also post in the Only Valve King Discussion Thread if you have not already if you want to learn more.

You can also plug another amp or possibly a cab in the 1st input jack and run in stereo but definitely ask about this one first before trying and make sure you understand the impedence rules. IbanezPsycho is our resident expert in the Valveking thread - he'll know.