Ok so i've been looking for a band for like a long time now...
A guy i know called me up the other day wanting to start something up, and he happens to be one heck of a screamer(like an awsome one), and he says he has an all star line up in mind and all of them pretty much is wanting to start a band to but he just hasn't asked'em yet(i know them btw), but he says the lineup that he's got planned is basically an all star line up and all he needs is a guitarist... ME

BUT he lives like mayB 2 hours away, mayB 2 hours and a half

But i've been wanting to start something for like ever and this is like a good step in the right direction.
Do you guys think i should drive this distance, theres gonna be like one practice a week but its gonna be like super long like starting at 6 and ending at like 11 or 12 and its with some great guy's and everything, like my dream band almost...

So would yall go the distance in my situation?
My signature has doubled...
not really that bad for once a week.

just curious where you have to go (you live within an hour of where i do)
Last edited by ViperScale at Sep 11, 2008,
Depending on your age, school, work, and dedication to this band. If you do not have a steady job, you are out of school, and you are at the age where you want something with your life without getting 'too involved in life' then go for it. If that's the case, you should dedicate your time to this.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by ViperScale
not really that bad for once a week.

Right now its only for once a week because i willing to invest ALL the time i'm not working into this, but i have to work for this gas money...
And if all there gonna do when i get there is fart around and not be serious i'm not gonna waste my gas 3 times a week, just to practice with a band that isnt going anywhere...

You get what i'm saying?
do it
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by John Spartan
Right now its only for once a week because i willing to invest ALL the time i'm not working into this, but i have to work for this gas money...
And if all there gonna do when i get there is fart around and not be serious i'm not gonna waste my gas 3 times a week, just to practice with a band that isnt going anywhere...

You get what i'm saying?

Well try and if it doesn't work drop out. Gas prices does make it sux. Maybe get them to come to you once in an while?
Quote by gagnerants
maybe, depends does he have a sister and by sister I mean (14-25)

lol
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Yeah if you make enough money to afford gas and the band members are committed then I don't see why not. I live about a 40 minute drive from where my band rehearses and it's kinda fun actually driving that distance, you get to listen to music, get inspired, and the scenery is great while I drive.
Quote by ViperScale
Well try and if it doesn't work drop out. Gas prices does make it sux. Maybe get them to come to you once in an while?

What i was thinking is that if we really get serious, we could invest into a practice space thats like in middle grounds mayB an hour from me and a hour from him, so its equal, but thats ONLY if we get serious...
if you go there and get something written, i'd say it's worth it. If you all just end up jamming for the whole practice, it's probably not worth the money.

I'd say give it two practices tops - either call them up before the first one and tell them to all have some material for a song to write when they get to practice, or go to the first practice and then tell them all to come back on the second practice with song material. It's all about having your own stuff, so if you haven't written any songs, you're just wasting your time.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
if you go there and get something written, i'd say it's worth it. If you all just end up jamming for the whole practice, it's probably not worth the money.

I'd say give it two practices tops - either call them up before the first one and tell them to all have some material for a song to write when they get to practice, or go to the first practice and then tell them all to come back on the second practice with song material. It's all about having your own stuff, so if you haven't written any songs, you're just wasting your time.

I personaly have like a book of riff's in mind.
I just need help into putting it all together...