I signed up up for our school's battle of the bands. It is on tuesday sept 16(the adutions0. Our band has never practiced together.Up to now we have no singer and no setlist.Our drummer is crappy but the bassist and the other guitarist are really good. The singer is no problem but im not sure what type im gonnaget. NO death metall or black or any growling.

The real problem is the set list. We need one original song and two covers. The covers are goonna be metal. One of them might be They say by scars on broadway because its easy. the other might be seek and destroy but our drummer cant handle it. What are some good set list songs or if you have some song that you can give me. It eould be appreciated
Iron maiden and everyone will love you
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
Quote by trashyant
I signed up up for our school's battle of the bands. It is on tuesday sept 16(the adutions0. Our band has never practiced together.Up to now we have no singer and no setlist.Our drummer is crappy but the bassist and the other guitarist are really good. The singer is no problem but im not sure what type im gonnaget. NO death metall or black or any growling.

The real problem is the set list. We need one original song and two covers. The covers are goonna be metal. One of them might be They say by scars on broadway because its easy. the other might be seek and destroy but our drummer cant handle it. What are some good set list songs or if you have some song that you can give me. It eould be appreciated

my old drummer had the same problem. im no drummer, but it doesnt seem that hard.

if you did the judas kiss i would have ur babies. i'm so in love with that song atm.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Quote by bigtimmy
my old drummer had the same problem. im no drummer, but it doesnt seem that hard.

if you did the judas kiss i would have ur babies. i'm so in love with that song atm.

"Bow down, sell your soul to me!!!!"

LOVE IT!!!!
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Last edited by Shredder Guitar at Sep 11, 2008,
No death metal/black metal? Psh. Wuss.

Also, Scars on Broadway is far from metal.

Idk, play some Metallica that's not as hard as Seek and Destroy?
Last edited by AA00P at Sep 11, 2008,
oh and btw. For Whom The Bell Tolls. easiest metal song ever, i think. and its from Metallica... i was honestly very surprised at how simple the song was compared to their other stuff when i first heard it. try it, man.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
the only songs that i know how to play by iron maiden are powerslave, aces high, trooper, rime of the ancient mariner and run to the hills but not everyone knows the same songs. For whom the bell toll might be good for the audition but not for the battle. No solo and i wantt people to see my skittlez. seek and destroy everyone knows it but the drummer. Sabbath is my second choice choice because of electric funeral. EAsiest Metal SONG EVEr. BTW power struggle is good
You mean tuesday as in the tuesday 4 days away?
Unless you have band practice 24/7 you'll never be tight enough in time.

Save yourselves the embarassment and wait until you're ready.
Quote by Retro Rocker
You mean tuesday as in the tuesday 4 days away?
Unless you have band practice 24/7 you'll never be tight enough in time.

Save yourselves the embarassment and wait until you're ready.

This.
^ Agreed, get your act together first, then think about entering stuff like battle of the bands. You don't really have time to get anything ready for the auditions, (which means you might not get into the battle of the bands anyway)
Even though it's only at school and not in any professional enviroment, remember, all your school friends will be watching you and you really don't wanna be doing anything that's gonna make everyone point and laugh at you the next day at school.
Take the time to make sure it's done correctly and that your band is tight, then enter the next one they do and the the next day at school, they'll be saying 'well done' (or whatever teen slang is for 'well done' nowadays) instead.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by Shredder Guitar
"Bow down, sell your soul to me!!!!"

LOVE IT!!!!

Or or

The day that never commmmmmmmesah
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I wont quit. Even if i have to cover speed metal symphony and arpeggios from hell with 2 guitarist and a bassist i will play something
Quote by trashyant
I wont quit. Even if i have to cover speed metal symphony and arpeggios from hell with 2 guitarist and a bassist i will play something

Horrible idea. You'd be better off just going up by yourself since you won't be tight enough with a band since you haven't practiced.
My electric guitar broke and my cable so i had to borrow a starter strat. My bassist didnt show up or my drummer so me and my other guitarist just left after we showed off our skills while people were setting up. People were impresssed but im gonna have to wait until next year.
Quote by trashyant
My electric guitar broke and my cable so i had to borrow a starter strat. My bassist didnt show up or my drummer so me and my other guitarist just left after we showed off our skills while people were setting up. People were impresssed but im gonna have to wait until next year.

Gimme an 'I'!
Gimme a 'Told'!
Gimme a 'You'!
Gimme a 'So'!

What's that spell?
Sweet motherfucking satisfaction.

But really, if people were impressed you would've gotten through since BotB's are usually popularity contests.
Make sure you're prepared next time
I hate to say I told you so, so I'm just gonna tell you to go listen to the song by the hives.

Kick out your drummer and bassist.