whenever i play the B string or B note on the G string then the low e string will produce a sound similar to the guitar harmonics... why is that?
because the wood of your guitar tends to vibrate. its a natural occurence, just learn to mute the strings youre not playing either with your picking hand or with your fretting hand when possible.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
because the wood of your guitar tends to vibrate. its a natural occurence, just learn to mute the strings youre not playing either with your picking hand or with your fretting hand when possible.

+1

Learn how to mute strings while you play. It'll help you sound better.
Quote by TK1

+1
It's called resonance. Trying not to too much into the physics here. The frequency of the B string's vibration is related to that of the E string. The vibrations of the B string case a certain harmonic of the E string to be sounded, exactly the same way as if you played a natural harmonic on the seventh fret.

As has been pointed out, muting the strings you're not playing is a worthwhile technique to learn.