well i got the red ring of death,the problem i have is that ai bought it off walmart.com a little over a year ago,and i was wondering if i could take it to a walmart store and hopefully they would exchange it,i still have the receipt and every thing...i also called xbox customer support and i would have to send it in and i wouldnt get it back for a month or so.....

sigh...if all fails i guess ill just buy a new one and swap the serial codes
Did you check the vital signs?

I got the rrod once because the hard drive had come loose.
Otherwise, that sucks. I got mine in April/May 2006 and its still kickin'.
i read about sending them to m$,all they do is send u a refurbished one 4-6 weeks after u send it...but they give u 1 free month of xbox live for ur troubles
Quote by CaptainRon
Did you check the vital signs?

I got the rrod once because the hard drive had come loose.
Otherwise, that sucks. I got mine in April/May 2006 and its still kickin'.

I bet that was 4 red lights though, because I had that when my AV cable was loose at the back.

It's 3 lights for "critical system failure" and 4 for "hardware connection problem"

TS, ring the microsoft line on one of the booklets that comes with the 360. It's a free number and they'll advise you best.

If it's still under warranty from MS (I think they give 3 years cos of RROD now), then send it them, it's free and it can come back quicker than that, my mate had his back in around a week.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
well ts good luck, i have had rrod 6 times and gotten my xbox back in as little as 2weeks and as long as 8 weeks
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
no gthey wont sorry you have to deal with indian people named andy and steve
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Quote by trevorthegreat
so do any of u kno if walmart would accept my system and let me trade it for another???
Cant hurt to give it a try
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
shittt....well ill pry just buy a new one an swap the serial stickers on the system,i really dont like dealing with max...or is it matt?,or indians
I know how to fix 360's with the red ring of death but you live to far away from me. Some video game stores know how to fix them too they usually charge like $50 and you can get it back the very next day. They only take like 45min to fix if you know what you are doing.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
Quote by trevorthegreat
shittt....well ill pry just buy a new one an swap the serial stickers on the system,i really dont like dealing with max...or is it matt?,or indians

You realize that probably won't work?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yeah if you switch out the serial codes they more than likely have a way to check and then that will probably stop any warranty.

edit: You know what a great idea is? Open the 360 and see what is wrong it may be wires. Just open it up.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yeah just ring Microsoft. My xbox RROD'ed i think... three days ago now, phoned Microsoft yesterday and they're sending a courier within 1-3 working days, free of charge.

Don't be a moron, just do this, its easy
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law