I have a Zoom 505 II guitar pedal. it has a lot of kool effects. problem is that the dot keeps flashing above the arrow that is situated by the #. I have no idea how to fix it and then before that some of the patches gave off really bad feedback and scares the sh!t outta me (A1 and some other F patch (they are default patches)) even though there appears to be nothing wrong with the guitar, leads and amp. Can someone please help me?
yes, throw it out. I have one of the things to play around with, because i got it for next to nothing. for a REALLY crappy amp, it sounds okay. Tube, crunch it's plastic enclosure to death, please. Digital effects are not the way to go, imo.

With any high gain patches, it will feedback. Is your guitar shielded properly? How about your amp..is it grounded/shielded properly? stand farther away and away from your amp.

but really, those effects aren't kool at all.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Have you tried putting new batteries in it? This should solve the flashing dot. The feedback is just caused by the high gain and possible lack of shielding in your guitar/amp, as THE SAint Jimmy said.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
kool thanx guys. ill try standing back further but if it really is a piece ov crap then ill sell it second hand lol.
Adjust some volumes. There will be a patch volume and an overall volume. If the pedal is cranked all the way up there can be to much signal. Active pickups will send to much to the pedal so would need to be adjusted for that to.
haha turns out it did have flat batteries but when i plugged it into my acoustic guitar it gave off sum real nasty feedback. bit strange because when i plugged it straight into amp it was clear
Turn the volume down on the patches, I had the same problem with my old one (feedback) before I used the wrong voltage and it melted inside
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Hm...so you bumped your 8 month old thread to tell us this? we didn't need to know.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Hm...so you bumped your 8 month old thread to tell us this? we didn't need to know.

+1
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by oneblackened

its not like anyone cares - maybe apart from a few that look at this thread regularly
Quote by super n00b
its not like anyone cares - maybe apart from a few that look at this thread regularly

You should know that GG&A is one of the most popular music related forums (NOT the Pit).
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
yea... i posted to give closure to anyone that did read or was following this thread
Um...who looks at this thread regularly? nobody.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by super n00b
Like i said - its not like anyone cares

DONT BUMP OLD-A$$ THREADS!!!

thats a big no-no

PS: ur name suits u fine
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Last edited by gpowsang at Apr 27, 2009,
Quote by super n00b
yea... i posted to give closure to anyone that did read or was following this thread

*looks away*

*looks back*

EDIT: But seriously, bumping is taboo!