I only have a strat copy so its nothing special.
The thing is my cable broke and I don't know what one to buy for a replacement. Any suggestions on which cable I should buy. It doesn't need to be like 50ft btw. I only use it in my bedroom.

I also need new strings, I like a metalcore lead guitar sound and I don't have much experience with strings so I don't know which kind to buy.
Gauge 10 D'addario EXL guitar strings - cheap, good and last a while.

Cable - doesn't matter, just make sure you spend a bit of money, cables are good when you start spending $40-50
K I don't have that much money so any other suggestions. Thanks for the comment about the strings, but before I decide I'll see what others have to say. I'll take all comments into consideration when choosing.
Don't get a new cable yet, get a used tube combo.

/Bandwagon

Anyway, I suggest Stagg leads and Ernie Ball strings. I don't know what gauge you had, but it was probably .10s.
I have Ernie Ball strings .9, I think, but when I put the E string on I put it on wrong and I can't tune it to E so I'm forced to always play in drop D. I need a new cable because mine broke and what do you mean by a used tube combo.
he's only kidding, just everyone here is too obsessed with making people get new amps.

If your only jamming in your bedroom, get a Stagg or Venom cable.

Gauge 10's feel a little nicer on a strat in my opinion, and i highly reccomend the D'addario EXL's, they are a lot more durable than Ernie Ball strings and they sound a bit fuller too i think.
Quote by Darkmessiahnz
I have Ernie Ball strings .9, I think, but when I put the E string on I put it on wrong and I can't tune it to E so I'm forced to always play in drop D. I need a new cable because mine broke and what do you mean by a used tube combo.

Yeah sorry, I was only joking. What do you mean you can't tune to E? Does the string feel like it will snap before you get there?

I think you need this:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754081
Naaa it can't get there. It's way to hard to wind it that way because there is not enough room for it to form another loop around the metal thing.
You should check out D'Addario strings and Monster cables. I've always bought cheap cables but they always fall apart, I don't notice a difference in sound with the Monsters but they don't fall apart. I was using Ernie Ball strings but I wanted to try something new so I got the jazz/blues/rock D'Addarios, I broke the B string after a week but they sounded nice. The standard Monster cable is $20 for a 12 ft I think.
Buy a good cable with a lifetime warranty. It will improve your sound and you will never have to buy another one again.

For stings I would agree with the D'Addario XLs .10s
Sig What?
Quote by Darkmessiahnz
Naaa it can't get there. It's way to hard to wind it that way because there is not enough room for it to form another loop around the metal thing.

Don't put as much string through the hole then.
Quote by Darkmessiahnz

when you string up, LEAVE SLACK in the string. about 2-3 inches.

start winding up a floppy string around the tuner. that will give you a couple of wraps before it gets tight.

like said, ask questions in the Q&A link posted above, i'll get back to you there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm with everyone who recommended D'Addario's (10's). As for a cable I suggest Dimarzio, CBI or George L's depending on your budget but honestly Dimazrio or CBI would be fine for you.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
If you plan on sticking with it, I don't recommend any cables except Monster cables. A lot of people try to claim they're a ripoff because they're priceey, but you can't really beat a lifetime warranty REGARDLESS of how it breaks. I can't tell you how many times I've stepped on them or ripped them out of a jack or done something that was completely my fault to break them, and yet you just walk into any store that sells them with the broken one and they hand you a new one for free. They really are more than worth the money in my opinion.
I have to put in a good word for Dean Markley Blue Steel strings. I love them. They intonate great and sound great when you put them on... but here's the thing that make these ones stand out for me. The oil in my hands are fairly acidic so with some other strings it only takes a couple hours of playing before I notice they start to tarnish and get dark.... especially the third string around the 2nd fret. I'm sure some of you have this same problem since it's fairly common. But not only do these strings keep from tarnishing but I like the way they sound after they've lost their brightness (they maintain most of their initial brightness for about 2 weeks of playing every day for an hour or so). The result? I put these strings on.... intonate the guitar properly... now I have the tone I want from my guitar for months at a time.

As for cable you don't need anything too fancy. If you're just playing in your room get a 6ft. cable... 10ft. max is all you need. The longer the cable the greater the total capacitance which causes the loss of your high frequencies and overall tone. But perhaps you would prefer that. I don't mind losing some of the top end myself as I like to play a lot of classic rock type stuff and this suits that style pretty nicely IMO.
where are you in the world? if you're in the UK (sorry to sound like a broken record) i'd STRONGLY recommend cleartone cables. you're talking less than a tenner for a kickass cable which annihilates stuff like planet waves etc. at more than twice the price. van damme cable, neutrik jacks, custom-made to your specification. ridiculously good value.

http://www.award-session.com/cleartone_cables.html
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?