i was thinking of chaniging my semi acoustic's strings....and wondered.........what if i put electric guitar strings in it instead of the conventional steel ones.....(d addario ppl)........has anyone tried this???
It doesn't really do much, it just doesn't sound as much as an acoustic. Not really a big break through here.
it would be more strain on the neck than it'd be used to and make it more likely to warp it.
I'd just keep with the strings made for it
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Wouldn't it put less strain on the neck?
Acoustic strings seem to be heavier...strongeR? dunno the word, than electric strings.
Quote by WH15P3R
it would be more strain on the neck than it'd be used to and make it more likely to warp it.

Wrong.

Electric strings are thinner, therefore exert less force on the neck.

But electric strings on an acoustic don't really sound good.
Quote by Mitchell?
Wrong.

Electric strings are thinner, therefore exert less force on the neck.

But electric strings on an acoustic don't really sound good.

Yeah.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WH15P3R

your getting confused, its not a nylon string guitar so it dosent make a difference
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Regardless of what everyone is saying, it won't make much of a difference. Tonally or otherwise.

I used to do this when I was starting out because 1) I was ignorant and 2) The nearest music store is kinda far away and I couldn't afford new strings whenever mine broke, so I switched them around often... 1 or 2 sets of strings for what used to be 13 guitars...