Just remember to relax and keep calm. I'm sure you'll do great.
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
I had a gig last night.

It's important to enjoy yourself, and look relaxed and like you know what you are doing.
Have a pint or two before you go on, and have a pint or two with you on stage in case the confidence starts to wear off.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Ignore the audience, not in the sense of don't look at them or anything but imagine your playing and they are not there. Let your fingers work and get into your music, nobody wants to see the cardboard band. Beyond that it's all down to how your band performs in front of people. It's a lot easier than you think once your up there.
DON'T GET DRUNK BEFORE YOU PLAY.

Seriously, it's such a bad idea.

Hell, don't even have one. Because one, rather quickly, turns into ten.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by emery01

This, wait till after when everyone tells you your band was shit. (First gigs never go to plan)
Good luck. Walk in there being as arrogant as you can. Think that you're the top of the food chain. That's what I do before a gig, helps with nerves.
Quote by emery01

This, I needed this advice before my first gig..
HI
My first gig actually went to plan perfectly. No mistakes. Although, we were playing to a bunch of 4-6 graders...

They had a pit going for us, seriously. We weren't even playing metal.

That what seriously the best moment of my life, up their on the stage with all of the little kids. They all thought we were gods.
I had my first gig on Wednesday. BOTB at school, & it was the biggest rush I have ever had! we came second

& My bands already booked to play 2 parties, from people in the crowd seeing us.

Just go in confident, & if you mess up, shake it off & keep going. Otherwise you'll just emphasize the error.

Good Luck!!!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Bite the head off a bat on stage
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Have spare picks in handreach so you don't have to duck if you drop one, hook your cable behind your strap so it doesn't come loose if you accidently step on it, check all the batteries in your pedals if you have any, move around and headbang or whatever dancing or moves are appropriate for your genre and most of all look confident!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Practice some stage dives before the audience arrives
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Bendybaws

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Another tip, DON'T do any guitar round the body spins, the sacred law of gig show that you will end up sued after you knock someones teeth out when the guitar straps give despite you doing them 1,000,000 times before.
Your job is to entertain the crowd. Kinda depends on what type of music your band plays.
If it's Punk/Pop-Punk, kinda lark about on stage, make jokes and interact with the crowd "Our bassist has a tiny penis! Look!" and "We were going to do a cover of Sugar, We're Going Down, but we're not THAT crap, honest!" etc etc
If your kinda heavy rock or Metal, then try and get the crowd goin with some mosh-pits or even a wall of death if your crowd is pretty large.

Key to a good gig is simply crowd interactivity, you could make loads of mistakes, but aslong as you interact, the crowd wont mind as much.
KEEP MOVING ON STAGE WHEN PLAYING A SONG - If your just standing there, staring at your fretboard, people, no-matter how good your music is, will get bored and leave. So mix it up!!

Good luck boyo.
the best advice i can give you is be yourself; dont jump around if that is not who you are. youll just end up messing up the song.

walk around and dont always have your head down, but dont sacrifice good playing for looking cool. when you have a solo, go to the middle and edge of the stage and play it loud.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Don't spend the entire gig staring at the women with massive boobs and a low cut top either. Everyone will catch on and think your creepy
Quote by Bendybaws

hahahaha

cocacolabottle's cable-in-the-strap suggestion is a damn good idea. I'll pass that on to my band.
Quote by JackalUK
Don't spend the entire gig staring at the women with massive boobs and a low cut top either. Everyone will catch on and think your creepy

Oh bollocks.
You'll be nervous for the first few songs (its unavoidable until you get more experience). Try to move around a bit on stage, don't look like statues while playing. Good luck and have fun.
Last edited by OpposingForce at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by Retro Rocker
Quote by JackalUK
Oh bollocks.

Too late eh?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 12, 2008,
Tell your singer to drink lots of milk.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
^ Even if he hadn't already played the show, that wouldn't have been a good idea.
Quote by Arbitror
^ Even if he hadn't already played the show, that wouldn't have been a good idea.

<.<

>.>

Yeah didn't refresh mah page and didn't see the comment. Oh well, I still think I gave good advice.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
just try to let the croud blur out. look at them but just try not to see them as individuals. imagine your smirking arrogantly at a big brick wall!
Quote by shadesofanger
Tell your singer to drink lots of milk.

ummmm... isnt that a bad idea... oh.. i gotcha