it might be broken i bought it brand new and used it for less then an hour I didn't like it so i put it on ebay. problem is it ends in 20 hours and I have 5 watches so I'm sure it will sell but mi friend seems to think that a wah pedal isn't ment to make a kinda light click noise when i use it. it's when i go down it hits the bottum it lightly pushes the button down and makes a click. is that normal? it's a Jim Dunlop GBC 95. i can't take it of ebay cuz it ends in under 24 hours so it won't let me

the click isn't coming from my amp but mi wah pedal. it's like when you go to switch the wah off except I'm not switching it off I'm tryna play.

so is there anything wrong with it???

it hits this which makes it push halfway down. and it feels loose like i'm not even pushing the button down it's just loose until it reaches half way is it meant to be loose?
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Sep 12, 2008,
can you revise the listing if you have no bidders? Just go to the listing and hit revise listing and describe what it is doing. I dont know about Dunlop wahs because I have a Vox. You will have a real tone change when turning it off and on because it will be on the extreme treble setting as it clicks off but to have an audible click I am not sure. Good luck.
if you can't take it off and you know it's broken...

make a new ebay account, and outbid to win it yourself
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

It's fine. There's nothing wrong with it.

The "click" noise you hear is the switch inside the pedal being pushed to turn it on/off. Like you said, it's coming from the pedal, not your amp. All pedals with those small, round metal switches do that (electro harmonix, amp foot switches, my pod x3 live).

EDIT: Please use proper English so that we can understand you better. Oh, and it's "my" not "mi."
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
yup thats normal dont worry
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
you mean when you push it down to turn it on or off it clicks? that's pefectly normal I think cause my crybaby does it a little bit.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by evening_crow

The "click" noise you hear is the switch inside the pedal being pushed to turn it on/off. Like you said, it's coming from the pedal, not your amp. All pedals with those small, round metal switches do that (electro harmonix, amp foot switches, my pod x3 live).

ahhhh thank you! so much relief! :-) thanks man if anyone else knows let me know thanks
wait but I'm not turning it on or off i'm just using it and it maked that noise is that normal??????????

Like i said, all pedals with those types of switches (little, round metal ones) do the clicking noise. There's one like that in most wah pedals under the heel part of the rocking pedal.

Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow

EDIT: Please use proper English so that we can understand you better. Oh, and it's "my" not "mi."

yeah sorry I was on msn and yeah i was trying to type quick
Quote by evening_crow

Like i said, all pedals with those types of switches (little, round metal ones) do the clicking noise. There's one like that in most wah pedals under the heel part of the rocking pedal.

so do i need to not push it down so hard because it's really annoying! do i try just move it up or down a tiny bit?
I have the same pedal and it doesn't make the noise in the circumstances you described, only when actually turning it on or off
Then again, it's kinda hard to understand what you mean
ohai little sig.
Quote by Sonny_sam
you mean when you push it down to turn it on or off it clicks? that's pefectly normal I think cause my crybaby does it a little bit.

it's makes that noise but I'm not trying to turn it off I'm just using the wah and it hits that button.
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
so do i need to not push it down so hard because it's really annoying! do i try just move it up or down a tiny bit?

It has to be pushed all the way down to turn the wah on/off. You should be able to step on it without having to be too careful with it. Just don't stomp on it. Also, you're probably just pushing the switch down a little and that's why it clicks. Sometimes they make two small clicks: one when it's pushed down and the other when it actually turns on or off the switch.

Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by Demonikk
I have the same pedal and it doesn't make the noise in the circumstances you described, only when actually turning it on or off
Then again, it's kinda hard to understand what you mean

I'm just using it like a normal wah pedal. going up and down etc. but when i go down it hits the button so maybe the button thing is loose?
Quote by evening_crow
It has to be pushed all the way down to turn the wah on/off. You should be able to step on it without having to be too careful with it. Just don't stomp on it. Also, you're probably just pushing the switch down a little and that's why it clicks. Sometimes they make two small clicks: one when it's pushed down and the other when it actually turns on or off the switch.

but I'm being so gentle with it and it makes a hitting noise the whole time I'm using it. I know it makes a noise to switch it on and off but I'm saying when I'm just using it it makes that noise because the button might be loose maybe?
Quote by evening_crow

yes that's what I'm talking about. :-) the one when it's pushed down. so that's normal ay?
I'm not very familiar with wahs, but it to me it seems you have the anwser youself?
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
I'm just using it like a normal wah pedal. going up and down etc. but when i go down it hits the button so maybe the button thing is loose?

Even if you´re not actually turning it off, you´re probably hitting the button just a little and well, metal against metal should result in some kind of clicking noise?
Quote by Malos
I'm not very familiar with wahs, but it to me it seems you have the anwser youself?

Even if you´re not actually turning it off, you´re probably hitting the button just a little and well, metal against metal should result in some kind of clicking noise?

but it doesn't just hit it lightly now that I look at it, it seems to push it half way down but it doesn't switch it off or anything it's just like it's loose at the top half of the button.
The switch can be adjusted so the tredle doesnt hit it during use. So no as long as it wahs and turns on or off then yea its works fine. And if you can hear the switch click you probably need to turn your amp up.
well it isnt broken.... that's normal. you're friend is an idiot.
second, if it's "broken" and you cant do much about it, just sell it. you can't do anything about it. the buyers probably will never know if it's something minor like that.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack