I'm on the lookout for some decent power tubes for a peavey triumph 60w. These are 6L6s. The preamp is loaded with 12at7s. I'm looking for a good classic rock type tone for playing motown/the beatles/monkees type stuff.

I'm thinking of groove tubes just because they ring a bell for this kind of music.

Thanks.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
GT is okay. Not the best, but made an improvement in my preamp 12AX7 original Fender from like 1992.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
have a look in the tubes sticky in this forum. i got good advice there when i was changing my tubes.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Groove Tubes are just rebranded Sovteks. Not good.

I would recommend Svetlana 6L6GC's.
I have a pair of Winged 'C' 6L6GC's I didn't really use, and still sound great...Wanna buy 'em?
Both are really great 6L6 types, and sound similar. Do some research, and you'll see they are a popular type of 6L6 tube.

For preamp tubes, Tung-Sol would be a safe bet, if they make 12AT7's.
I would order some SED winged C's or buy from "forsaknazrael" ^. As for 12at7's... is this for reverb or something? If it's a position for tone I would go with 5751's instead... you can get NOS GE 5751's for about a good price if you look. Check out doug's tubes or another reputable tube vendor.