Okay, So can anyone help me with this chord: Dm+7

is this just a standard D minor, with an augmented seventh? I know it's not a regular
Dm7, because there are other minor 7 chords in the song (Gloomy sunday), but this specifically says Dm+7....

sorry if this sounds stupid
Member #5 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.

PM forsaknazrael to join
I don't know if it exists, but you would just play a regular Dm7 and raise the 5th to a #5.
Hmm, if it were an augmented seventh, you'd really be talking about a major seventh so the chord would be a minor/major seventh chord. I'd try out what mdc said, raise the fifth, if that doesn't sound good, add in a #4 to the mix see what happens.
^ an augmented seventh is an octave really. so you'd just be playing a regular Dm
i don't know what you'd do with + otherwise. seeing as a augmented chord is a major triad with an augmented fifth.
Just googled this. Yeah, google's the answer to frickin' everything lol!

Anyway, you can get an augmented minor major seventh chord which would be:

R b3 #5 M7
^ an augmented seventh is an octave really

If it does not say maj7 it's implied the seventh is minor, therefore in this case the augmented seventh would be major in which case this would be an min/maj seventh chord. And since mdc looked it up I think we're in business.
what he meant was an augmented seventh interval. not chord. so it's an octave.
Quote by the snow queen
Okay, So can anyone help me with this chord: Dm+7

is this just a standard D minor, with an augmented seventh? I know it's not a regular
Dm7, because there are other minor 7 chords in the song (Gloomy sunday), but this specifically says Dm+7....

sorry if this sounds stupid

Yeah, I'd go with the one mdc found; I've seen it a couple times before and I think that's what you need. The chord would be D F A# C#.

Great song, by the way.