Six charged in music share probe

Six people have been charged in connection with a widely-used source of illegally-downloaded music.

A 25-year-old IT worker from Middlesbrough has been charged with conspiracy to defraud, in an inquiry into the OiNK website, police said.

Five other people have been charged with copyright infringement.

The charges follow an international inquiry into illegal music downloads. The 25-year-old man has been bailed to appear in court later this month.

The IT worker was originally arrested and released on police bail after his home was raided in October 2007.

The raid was part of an Interpol-led investigation, involving music industry bodies the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) and the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).

Other arrests were part of Cleveland Police's operation Ark Royal into music industry piracy.

The OiNK site, which had computer servers based in Holland, was closed down by police last year, amid allegations it was used to share pre-release music.

Quote by BBC News
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7612128.stm on Friday, 12 September 2008 @ 10:39 UK

Well, you guys said it would never happen in the UK. Well, it just did.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Sep 12, 2008,
About time too.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
These people were actually very close to the site admin and were leaking releases of albums very early, and were all actually involved in selling the CDs too. Maybe if they hosted their servers in Russia or a remote island like Hawaii like a few sites do (good luck getting a search warrant for there) they they'd have been up a bit longer, but tbh, if you're selling downloaded music you deserve whatever punishment you get.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Technically he was in the wrong, but this kind of thing can't be stopped.

*continues Winger torrent*
Quote by saphrax
Not that the whole story regarding Oink hasn't been going for ages or anything...

This was only just released today. All that stuff before was what's likely to happen and thoughts about Oink i general. We'll be expecting sentencing probably next year.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Well, you guys said it would never happen in the UK. Well, it just did.

I said no such thing.
Quote by Harmonius
This was only just released today. All that stuff before was what's likely to happen and thoughts about Oink i general. We'll be expecting sentencing probably next year.

Wrong. This story has been going on for ages. I started a thread four months ago which said that these uploaders had been caught.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873767
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!