Im sure this question has been asked before but i cant seem to find the right thread.. so here it goes.. can u buy Floyd-ROse bridges made for a Strat Body? if not, how serious is the routing to get a Floyd-Rose onto a strat? Can it be done by hand?

Thanks.

The strat stock has a synchronised tremolo.

Crybaby Classic Wah-Wah
DS-1 Distortion
MXR Eddie Van Halen Phaser
Please tell me your not doing this to your John Mayer Strat
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
Quote by ChillMusic
Please tell me your not doing this to your John Mayer Strat

nah I've seen him around today asking for hints on how to modify his Squier Strat to an EVH Frankenstrat

On thread: yeah , you can fit an OFR in a Strat body ... just make the cavities
routing, wouldn't be the most fun if you haven't used one before..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its on a squire... i Would NEVER think of doing this to my JM strat.

Crybaby Classic Wah-Wah
DS-1 Distortion
Ja basically what other people have said, it's just gonna be a big routing job. Considering that you're gonna be doing it to a squire, I wouldn't get an OFR; just get a licenced one off ebay - the squire is already probably a piece of crap TBH, and it's just not worth the money to put an OFR in.

But go right ahead with a licenced one, I also reckon that it wouldn't be all that fun routing out the cavities if you haven't before. If you want, try buying some routing templates for a FR off stewmac (but I'm not sure if they work with licenced FRs, couldn't someone tell me if they do?). It's all a good learning experience, good luck!
i know.. its a pretty crap amp.. but with the money i saved up, i forked it all out on a JM Strat... Once Ive saved up enough money, i am definitely gonna get a decent tube amp. Thanks all for your quick replies. And thank you for all the help..

Crybaby Classic Wah-Wah
DS-1 Distortion
In my opinion... deciding to put a floating bridge into a guitar that's not already retrofitted is just not financially worth it. I certainly don't mean to discourage you, but doing so is just not a good idea, even if you plan on having it professionally routed. Now if you were an experienced wood worker with everything at your disposal, that's a different story but It doesn't seem like that's the case. Paying someone to do it professionally would be rather costly in addition to a new Floyd. (Remember that you'd have to have some routing done in the headstock as well for the locking nut) At that rate, you might as well just buy a Floyd equipped guitar would be much better anyway.
Super Vee?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Lordy people, you do not need to recess Floyd Roses all the time. On a Strat all you need is a drill with a chuck that will take 1/2" bits, a Dremel w/ router attachment, and some files The toughest part is making space on the fretboard for the nut and getting it right, but as long as you are patient and remember you can always take a little more off if it's not how it should be, you'll do fine. You will not be able to do big pullups with a non recessed FR, though if you set them up right, you can get some decent range. You can also block them off and install a D-tuna.
I love that song in your sig, CJ.

I have no router, so another way is to use a drill press with a router bit. I made it where the lock nuts hold the chuck at any position I want and I just move the body under it, like an inverted router table.