iv been playing guitar for about a year now and i really want to learn something to advance my skills. it seems anything i want to learn is either too hard or too easy for me to play.
Maybe pick a song a little bit more advanced than your current level, and keep working at it until you get it down. I know this'll sound like everyone else, but practice is all it is.
Quote by pete-c
Maybe pick a song a little bit more advanced than your current level, and keep working at it until you get it down. I know this'll sound like everyone else, but practice is all it is.

yep, it works
Just pick one of these "too hard " songs, play every section slow but perfect, then speed up, still playing perfect. Eventually you'll reach the desired speed with great clarity and attack. Just start really slow without a metronome then when you've got it down, clean it up so that you play every note perfectly, then you move onto the metronome and push your limits.
to be general, it is a thing called more practice.

i decided to learn a genre outside of my standard playing repertoire. it ended up being jazz, i am by no means great or even really decent, but i have taken some cool idea's and put them into my own playing style.

so learn something you wouldn't normally, the benefit can be enormous.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...