Page 1 of 2
i plan to ditch school at year ten, go to the nearest capital city and busk 5 days a week earning well over 200 dollars a day. i'm going to live in my car for a few years as to avoid tax, then move to america. win or win? seriously i want opinions, it's either this or i do...*shudders*work....
yea...that's a pretty terrible idea...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by ClementWave
have fun throwing your life away

this. ive got another suggestion, if this is your life plan. get hooked on smack. pretty much fits right into your plan. Long lasting highs, extreme euphoria and relaxtion. whats not too enjoy hey?

Sanity is not statistical
seriously guys, it's not that bad an idea when you think about it. no work schedule, play guitar for a living, buy anything i want and i'm going to save like a madman until i think i have enough, then get a job somewhere.
Ok, tell me this

how do you plan to buy a car? you've got no place of residence
its a stupid idea
who says you'll get 200 dollars a day?
its a stupid idea
how will you pay for cleaning and food and suchlike
its a stupid idea
work really isn't that bad, oh woe is you i have to move to earn money!

suck it up

Quote by dio_dude
seriously guys, it's not that bad an idea when you think about it. no work schedule, play guitar for a living, buy anything i want and i'm going to save like a madman until i think i have enough, then get a job somewhere.

You won't be saying that when you get mugged, when you're clothes are buggered and you're freezing your tits off. buskers really don't earn that much, even in manchester
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by dio_dude

Enjoy your false dreams kid, your not even in year 10 yet, life is a lot harder than your imagining it to be.
My lifeplan is to busk in the street 6 days a week and have a side job as president!!!...
Quote by dio_dude

or its a terrible idea when you think about it. you can't play when it rains, you make shit all money, and you get ridiculed by everyone. and rightly so. why not just get a job somewhere and cut out the shit

Quote by IndieMetalhead
Ok, tell me this

how do you plan to buy a car? you've got no place of residence
its a stupid idea
who says you'll get 200 dollars a day?
its a stupid idea
how will you pay for cleaning and food and suchlike
its a stupid idea
work really isn't that bad, oh woe is you i have to move to earn money!

suck it up
alright: my dad's buying me a car, and i'm already saving.
your right about the 200 dollar bit, but if i don't make that much in a day, i'm happy as long as i can eat.
i won't need to pay for cleaning, i'll sneak into caravan parks and take showers there or swim in the ocean, but that propably won't do me much good at all.
i've worked before, i just want a life where i can coast along and take everything as it comes, even if it means i die when i'm 25.
Quote by dio_dude
alright: my dad's buying me a car, and i'm already saving.
your right about the 200 dollar bit, but if i don't make that much in a day, i'm happy as long as i can eat.
i won't need to pay for cleaning, i'll sneak into caravan parks and take showers there or swim in the ocean, but that propably won't do me much good at all.
i've worked before, i just want a life where i can coast along and take everything as it comes, even if it means i die when i'm 25.

Enjoy your delusions
Quote by dio_dude

You assume you're going to get $200 a day or whatever, which you definately will not.
you're better off learning a trade after school. at least you'll have some sort of skill.

what kinda job do you think you can find with no home (no shower?) and a grade 10 education
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by dio_dude
i plan to ditch school at year ten, go to the nearest capital city and busk 5 days a week earning well over 200 dollars a day. i'm going to live in my car for a few years as to avoid tax, then move to america. win or win? seriously i want opinions, it's either this or i do...*shudders*work....

You really think people will be throwing their money to the same street musician day after day "for a few years"? ;D
Quote by dio_dude

You know you need a license to busk? Plus I know a shit load of buskers and most of them get on a good day about £50, what are you going to do about food?
hmmm i think its a great.......-coughs- idea
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
why is everybody saying "what are you going to do about food?"? it's simple: buy it with the money i earn, even if it means spending all of it.
worst. idea. ever. like, honestly. you expect to make a living that way? there are so many better reasons. like, why not study music? stay there, study, and busk if you really wanted. get in a cover band, now thats where the money is. but honestly busk? just coz u dont have to work? that just sounds like a slack cop out to me kid. but you wanted honesty and i just gave it. if you really want to play music for a living, then start living it. go to a comunity college and study, get in a cover band. anything but busking. your not john buttler.
you are hearing me talk

CHECK OUT MY TUNES ON MY PROFILE

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
dude, your in south australia... you think people will have money for buskers in adelaide??? when your on the doll, you can only buy smokes, booze and weed, and rely on your woman (also on the dole) to buy food and shit

haha, if you still think its a good idea, put down the crack pipe, come back in a week, and ****ing think about it

enjoy your life. mcdonald's always exists in america. they pay minimum wage. it's not all that bad. at least you can eat and be decently clean, and probably own some sort of place. not necessarily nice though.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
You're from adelaide? then study music at TAFE then. the course is like, 800 dollars. and you can make so many connections there. I just graduated from there and am going to the elder hall conservatorium next year (hoperfully ), do that, you can still busk or whatever. and like the poster above me. i live in adelaide, have you been to rundle mall? no one cares about buskers, honestly, you will be lucky to make 50 a day, if you are talented
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
That's ****ing dumb
What's so bad with staying until at least the end of your education and getting some sort of qualifications to fall back upon?
If anyone thinks people will take a homeless tenth-grade busker seriously is a ****ing idiot
Move to the UK, stay on after full time education and leech off EMA, free £30 a week, busk as a hobby but get a ****ing job, at least that's reliable income
ohai little sig.
Quote by edwarde
worst. idea. ever. like, honestly. you expect to make a living that way? there are so many better reasons. like, why not study music? stay there, study, and busk if you really wanted. get in a cover band, now thats where the money is. but honestly busk? just coz u dont have to work? that just sounds like a slack cop out to me kid. but you wanted honesty and i just gave it. if you really want to play music for a living, then start living it. go to a comunity college and study, get in a cover band. anything but busking. your not john buttler.
live it? by sitting in a dull room all day learning to read black dots? no, i think i'll be living it quite nicely with my guitar, car and me. but guys, if it doesn't work out, i'll write up a resume to hungry jacks or something to earn dough. just enough to live on. i don't want to make a fortune and spend it on crap i'd buy just because i can.
Quote by edwarde
You're from adelaide? then study music at TAFE then. the course is like, 800 dollars. and you can make so many connections there. I just graduated from there and am going to the elder hall conservatorium next year (hoperfully ), do that, you can still busk or whatever. and like the poster above me. i live in adelaide, have you been to rundle mall? no one cares about buskers, honestly, you will be lucky to make 50 a day, if you are talented

this man is a genius. listen to him. and dude, ive got nothing against adelaide, but they won't pay money for it. stop drinking, and think about your life. and australia is awesome, as if you want to move to america... enjoy it here

alrighty, i've come to my senses. A: no america. B: i'll stay on to finish high school. but i'm still doing it.
Quote by dio_dude
live it? by sitting in a dull room all day learning to read black dots? no, i think i'll be living it quite nicely with my guitar, car and me. but guys, if it doesn't work out, i'll write up a resume to hungry jacks or something to earn dough. just enough to live on. i don't want to make a fortune and spend it on crap i'd buy just because i can.

are you gonna be those bogans that hangs out in the outterskirts of the city asking around for change?
cose i've seen your kind and it doesnt pan out good

be realistic and really think about it..then tell your parents and have a big ass fight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Quote by dio_dude

Ok, you are a complete idiot. hungry jacks? what the hell man? unless you are an excellent troll, you are a complete idiot. You can have your great life. but honestly. being a musician making 200 dollars a day? you are getting ripped off. if you study, its not all about bacl dots you moron. its about the people you meet and the connections you make. are you that thick that you think busking and living in a car is a good idea? no one will take you seriously, a 16 year old kid making a "living" playing "guitar", you may think its awesome because you dont have to work, but god damn, you have no idea how the real world works. but if u still want to, i will see you in rundle with torn jeans lookin skinny and dirty
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by dio_dude
alrighty, i've come to my senses. A: no america. B: i'll stay on to finish high school. but i'm still doing it.

nahh, **** that, if your plan is to busk full time. don't waste your rents money on school fees. drop out now, why wait? don't need qualifactions to busk dude. just like you dont need qualifactions to **** your life up

Record something in your garage and send it to every record company you know...

EDIT : Oh, wait... you won't have a garage -.-
Quote by edwarde
Ok, you are a complete idiot. hungry jacks? what the hell man? unless you are an excellent troll, you are a complete idiot. You can have your great life. but honestly. being a musician making 200 dollars a day? you are getting ripped off. if you study, its not all about bacl dots you moron. its about the people you meet and the connections you make. are you that thick that you think busking and living in a car is a good idea? no one will take you seriously, a 16 year old kid making a "living" playing "guitar", you may think its awesome because you dont have to work, but god damn, you have no idea how the real world works. but if u still want to, i will see you in rundle with torn jeans lookin skinny and dirty
now, you see, if i were to start a band and we were struggling, people on here would be saying "keep at it". but it appears that it's not the case for one person. still, i asked for opinions, and opinions i got. i will consider this tafe course.
Page 1 of 2