Hi UG,

I own a line 6 siperIII 15X amp i only bought it due to the effects but it can get LOUD
i was wondering you guys' viewpoints on line 6's series
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
if u did a search, u would see that we all HATE line 6 and marshal MGs
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
dud dud dud dud dud - as you can see in my sig, i have one...well had one...sold it because it was so bad, now i dunno how to change my sig
I am the drummer.
The general consensus here is that the Line 6 Spider III series is a piece of crap, and that you shouldn't buy any that are over 30 (or was it 20?) watts. So basically, everyone will say to stay away from.

My opinion? I don't own one, but from what I've tried and heard, they're a suitable amp for bedroom, band practice and maybe the smaller gigs. But you can do much better.

edit:
Quote by hendi_stratman
dud dud dud dud dud - as you can see in my sig, i have one...well had one...sold it because it was so bad, now i dunno how to change my sig

Control Panel<Edit signature
line 6....u either love em or hate em ..kinda like jeff gordon
but i love them..
Quote by Jackolas

Quote by kenan6346
The general consensus here is that the Line 6 Spider III series is a piece of crap, and that you shouldn't buy any that are over 30 (or was it 20?) watts. So basically, everyone will say to stay away from.

wrong.. u shouldnt buy ANY of em !
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by magvol

wrong.

for bedroom practice at low volumes it does the job well.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I own a Spider II - 75 watts. I think it does a pretty decent job. I gig with it but I'm aiming to get a better amp in the future. I've had the line 6 a couple of years so feel it is time for a change. I'd only heard good things until I came on to UG. I think it is as dreams broken said: 'you either love 'em or hate 'em.'
Honestly, none of you people understand that it doesn't matter if the general consensus says the Spider III amps suck. All that matters is what an individual likes and decides to buy. Your opinion will differ than that of another person. Some people believe the Spider III is a decent line of amps, some believe they suck. I personally don't like them at all, but I'm going to sit here telling people they're wrong for buying one.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
wrong.

for bedroom practice at low volumes it does the job well.

Wrong.

Many other amps in the same price do it better.
Quote by Horlicks
Wrong.

Many other amps in the same price do it better.

how does that negate the fact that it does the job well?

for a beginner/bedroom guitarist it'll do 90% of the stuff they want it to do.

that's like saying high end Fender/gibson/jackson aren't good guitars because for the same price you could get a custom made luthier model made exactly to your specs.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by magvol

Wrong.

Vetta/Flextone series have proved to be good amps.

It's mainly the spider series that is shunned upon.

Way to jump on the line 6 hate wagon.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Lemoninfluence
how does that negate the fact that it does the job well?

for a beginner/bedroom guitarist it'll do 90% of the stuff they want it to do.

that's like saying high end Fender/gibson/jackson aren't good guitars because for the same price you could get a custom made luthier model made exactly to your specs.

Arguable
Sure high-end Fender/Gibson/Jackson guitars are great, but why buy them when you can get something better for the same price?
Quote by Ryohazuki
Wrong.

Vetta/Flextone series have proved to be good amps.

It's mainly the spider series that is shunned upon.

Way to jump on the line 6 hate wagon.

Jesus I hate it when people do this. Have you tried a Flextone/Vetta? I'm going to tell you right now the answer is NO.

Way to jump on the Line 6 defending bandwagon.
Quote by Horlicks
Arguable
Sure high-end Fender/Gibson/Jackson guitars are great, but why buy them when you can get something better for the same price?

Jesus I hate it when people do this. Have you tried a Flextone/Vetta? I'm going to tell you right now the answer is NO.

For you to jump to the conclusion that i've never tried one is actually very funny considering the fact it's my next buy for a practice amp and I have tried it.

Oh btw from what i recall a couple of big artists use the Vetta II.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Last edited by Ryohazuki at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by dreams broken
Hi UG,

I own a line 6 siperIII 15X amp i only bought it due to the effects but it can get LOUD
i was wondering you guys' viewpoints on line 6's series

These kids all hate the Line 6 saying it sounds like a "computer". But if you like it, and you feel like it's loud enough good for you. Personally I think the Spider II 150w 2x12 combo was actually quite a nice amp.

The Spider III's though are just attracting a bunch of people who don't want to dial in their own sound and would rather just sound like Slipknot. Or at least that's how I feel.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by Horlicks
Arguable

because it's convenient,

oh lawd i lol'd.

there isn't a bandwagon for defending line 6, there's just a group of people who are sick of others bashing line6 completely. have you tried the vetta?

I know I haven't. haven't seen them about to try them. the flextone is the amp that the guitar shop I go to has setup for you to mess about on and they manage to get some nice tones out of it. it's nowhere near the quality of a quality tube amp, but then again it doesn't cost as much. while it's nowhere near a great amp, it's also nowhere near a bad amp.

stop writing off a whole company because of popular opinion on this website. and the spider does the job of getting a good approximation of quite a few tones. and it does this for not much money.

it's not the best, but it's not the worst. stop making out as if it is.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
because it's convenient,

oh lawd i lol'd.

there isn't a bandwagon for defending line 6, there's just a group of people who are sick of others bashing line6 completely. have you tried the vetta?

I know I haven't. haven't seen them about to try them. the flextone is the amp that the guitar shop I go to has setup for you to mess about on and they manage to get some nice tones out of it. it's nowhere near the quality of a quality tube amp, but then again it doesn't cost as much. while it's nowhere near a great amp, it's also nowhere near a bad amp.

stop writing off a whole company because of popular opinion on this website. and the spider does the job of getting a good approximation of quite a few tones. and it does this for not much money.

+1000

This.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
I've never played a Line 6 Spider III. I don't know what they sound like.

But I do know that they are words that you NEVER mention on these forums unless you want to be flamed to ashes. =]
I bought a Line 6 Spider III 75W as my first amp. Now that I've been playing a while my ear is hearing the computerized amp, not the guitar. My question is what AFFORDABLE tube amp could I buy that would be ok for a small room that I play in? The guys at Guitarcenter told me they would take the Spider on trade and I really want to hear the warm tones of a tube.
I played the flextone II or III, can't remember, but it very good and versatile. But again, it was used and $400. I can find a lot of better amps for that money that would suit me. Another player may like the versatility over a "one trick wonder". I tend to go for the one trick ponies, but others don't have that option. Especially younger "tone experimenting" players on more of a budget.
Quote by btoner43
I bought a Line 6 Spider III 75W as my first amp. Now that I've been playing a while my ear is hearing the computerized amp, not the guitar. My question is what AFFORDABLE tube amp could I buy that would be ok for a small room that I play in? The guys at Guitarcenter told me they would take the Spider on trade and I really want to hear the warm tones of a tube.

You're kinda kijacking the TS's thread here. Start a thread and include, budget, music styles you play, whether or not you jam with a drummer or just bedroom practice, what part of the world you live in and if you would consider used gear. Thanks.

Sry for the double post.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
because it's convenient,

oh lawd i lol'd.

QUESTION: When did I say they were the worst? When did I write them off? I'm just sick of noobs who read someone's comment defending Line 6 and pretty much quote them saying 'DUD LINE 6 IS NT JST SPIDERS DER IS VETTA AND FLEXTONE 2'', without actually actually having prior experience of either amp. There is definitely a bandwagon there.

For the record I have tried the Vetta and the Flextone, and the Vetta is a great amp. Don't get me wrong. I also think it's funny how most of the people who defend them never mention the HD147, probably because the original poster of the comment didn't mention it.

You can buy plenty tube amps for the price of a Flextone.
Quote by Horlicks
QUESTION: When did I say they were the worst? When did I write them off? I'm just sick of noobs who read someone's comment defending Line 6 and pretty much quote them saying 'DUD LINE 6 IS NT JST SPIDERS DER IS VETTA AND FLEXTONE 2'', without actually actually having prior experience of either amp. There is definitely a bandwagon there.

For the record I have tried the Vetta and the Flextone, and the Vetta is a great amp. Don't get me wrong. I also think it's funny how most of the people who defend them never mention the HD147, probably because the original poster of the comment didn't mention it.

lol, so what if I didn't mention the HD147. Fact of the matter is Vetta/Flextone AND THE HD147 are good amps from Line 6. Not everything from Line 6 is bad.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
lol, so what if I didn't mention the HD147. Fact of the matter is Vetta/Flextone AND THE HD147 are good amps from Line 6. Not everything from Line 6 is bad.

No shit, that's not my point though.
Quote by Horlicks
No shit, that's not my point though.

I don't care, you tried to pass me off as if I was wrong. You attack me for saying line 6, vetta blah blah blah, but not the one who says all Line 6 suck?
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
I don't care, you tried to pass me off as if I was wrong. You attack me for saying line 6, vetta blah blah blah, but not the one who says all Line 6 suck?

Sorry but, start making sense?
Quote by Horlicks
QUESTION: When did I say they were the worst? When did I write them off?

you implied it by saying 'wrong' to my post refuting that they're all bad amps.

I'm just sick of noobs who read someone's comment defending Line 6 and pretty much quote them saying 'DUD LINE 6 IS NT JST SPIDERS DER IS VETTA AND FLEXTONE 2'', without actually actually having prior experience of either amp. There is definitely a bandwagon there.

if anything there's more of a bandwagon the other way. do you really think that all the people who bash the spider have played it?

only the lower end amps or used ones. and if you're going used you could always go used for a flextone meaning it's price is lower again. so that argument is flawed. why compare new price to used price?

not to mention that having a tube amp for bedroom practice is often a waste, as you don't get the best out of a tube amp at low volumes. add in the fact that the spider and other line 6 amps have built in effects and amp models and it becomes a viable choice for the bedroom guitarist who wants to play along to his favourite tracks or even just for practice.

Quote by Horlicks

he is, you just aren't comprehending it.

you've got double standards, you don't oppose the anti line6 bandwagon yet you have a problem with people defending them?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Horlicks

Sorry, but it makes enough sense to understand.

You tried to pass me off as wrong for saying that not all Line 6 amps are bad and the vetta/flextone series are good. Then you say im jumping on the "line 6 defending band wagon"

But the person who says all line 6 are bad you don't say anything in regards to him.

Lemoninfluence understands what i'm saying, but for some reason you can't.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you implied it by saying 'wrong' to my post refuting that they're all bad amps.

if anything there's more of a bandwagon the other way. do you really think that all the people who bash the spider have played it?

only the lower end amps or used ones. and if you're going used you could always go used for a flextone meaning it's price is lower again. so that argument is flawed. why compare new price to used price?

not to mention that having a tube amp for bedroom practice is often a waste, as you don't get the best out of a tube amp at low volumes. add in the fact that the spider and other line 6 amps have built in effects and amp models and it becomes a viable choice for the bedroom guitarist who wants to play along to his favourite tracks or even just for practice.

he is, you just aren't comprehending it.

you've got double standards, you don't oppose the anti line6 bandwagon yet you have a problem with people defending them?

This man is made of truth. Believe him. Worship him.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
The Spider series are okay but not great amps.
The Flextone series are pretty nice.
I own a nice tube amp and would still like to put a Vetta 2 next to it.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
This man is made of truth. Believe him. Worship him.

I agree with the above statement. ^

Thank you, Lemoninfluence, for having my back.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Horlicks, you will find absoloutely anything to bitch about seriously, stop being a prick for the hell of it, it doesnt get you anywhere, at all.

The point is, people diss line 6 as a whole brand, when the spiders are the only ones worth worrying about, so somebody just calmly pointed out that theyve heard positive things about the vetta and flextone amps, and the general consenses is that theyre decent amps, no reason for you to wet yourself.

No I havent tried either, but I dont give a wank myself, i've heard from UG theyre good amps and from other people, and if somone sat their and cried that line 6 where shit in general then i'd do the same and point it out.

Theres nothing wrong with buying a low wattage spider just for practice if you didnt know any better, yeah you couldve done better, but pretty much everyone probably couldve done better the first time the bought gear unless they lived their life on UG. The only issue is, when youve asked for advice on UG and ignored it. Otherwise, enjoy your amp, if you liked it at the shop, itll last you untill the time comes that you want to pick up a new amp.
Quote by beckyjc
Horlicks, you will find absoloutely anything to bitch about seriously, stop being a prick for the hell of it, it doesnt get you anywhere, at all.

The point is, people diss line 6 as a whole brand, when the spiders are the only ones worth worrying about, so somebody just calmly pointed out that theyve heard positive things about the vetta and flextone amps, and the general consenses is that theyre decent amps, no reason for you to wet yourself.

No I havent tried either, but I dont give a wank myself, i've heard from UG theyre good amps and from other people, and if somone sat their and cried that line 6 where shit in general then i'd do the same and point it out.

Theres nothing wrong with buying a low wattage spider just for practice if you didnt know any better, yeah you couldve done better, but pretty much everyone probably couldve done better the first time the bought gear unless they lived their life on UG. The only issue is, when youve asked for advice on UG and ignored it. Otherwise, enjoy your amp, if you liked it at the shop, itll last you untill the time comes that you want to pick up a new amp.

Thx u helped but its not like it was my first gear my gear is awful.
im a pretty good guitarist
just my mom and dad hate me sumtimes lol when i get in trouble
they wont buy me anything
=( i have a single coil squier feel my pain....
feel it!!!
Quote by Jackolas

^get a job so you can make your own money and buy whatever.

when i first read this thread i told myself NOT to respond. This thread is essentially dead. If you like it that is all that matters.

We've all been there. Make that money now and put it to use 'cause soon your paychecks will be toward paying bills and guess what - it doesn't make buying gear any easier. It is all relative.

*goes back to read the OP*