Hi! check out my band, The Archetypes, from London (England). It's hard to pin down our style so please have a listen and tell me what you think.

www.myspace.com/thearchetypesmusic

All the best,
Zack from The Archetypes
aint no angel gonna great me?
Last edited by guitarzak at Sep 12, 2008,
well, i wouldnt call it blues . but its nice, i enjoyed it. kinda indie/pop ish. i enjoy the vocals too, its refreshing to hear a band with a vocalist with a nice that can sing in key.
you are hearing me talk

CHECK OUT MY TUNES ON MY PROFILE

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
and after watching the video on your profile, the singer brings a great energy to the band.
you are hearing me talk

CHECK OUT MY TUNES ON MY PROFILE

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
The first thing I'd like to say is that your singer has a really good voice - it fits very well. The vocals remind me of a mash-up of Robert Smith, David Bowie and Morrissey - which is a good thing because they are all great vocalists.

The recordings all sound very professional and everything seems to be mixed very well. The entire band sounds very good together. However, I agree with the above post - you don't really fit under the genre of blues.

The only thing that detracts from the band, in my opinion, is that the songs are musically too simple and/or repetitious. I recommend trying to branch out a bit more to make your sound more distinct. You've got a really nice sound right now but it bores me after a few tracks. Keep up the good work - I'm interested in hearing where you guys go with this stuff.