I've been making a lot of music lately involving string ensembles, contrabasses, violins and stuff, and I'm making it all in guitar pro. Now is there any way that after I have exportet my GP-file as MIDI, that I can import it in a program which will apply great sounding instruments to it? It's a bit hard to explaing, but I think you know what I mean.

What do I need in terms of software?
Quote by Dores
I've been making a lot of music lately involving string ensembles, contrabasses, violins and stuff, and I'm making it all in guitar pro. Now is there any way that after I have exportet my GP-file as MIDI, that I can import it in a program which will apply great sounding instruments to it? It's a bit hard to explaing, but I think you know what I mean.

What do I need in terms of software?

MIDI's just a series of data. You probably want good software that can take software plugins (which determine your sound) and go with a robust software. Ableton, Digital Performer, and Sonar are particularly good with MIDI...Pro Tools surprisingly is quite bad. Kontakt's the industry standard for musical instruments.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I say go with Sonar if you can afford it. I use Producer 7 and its got some great synths in it.

Or you can look into stand alone hardware or software synths.

Tweaks guide and their studio central board has some boards and advice on both
Timbaland and Moby use Cubase.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.