When i first begin to play the guitar, doing warming up and stuff.. everything goes ok, but when i use the tremolo and do some dives, the guitar neck makes that "CRACK" sound. (sorry, can only describe it that way)
then after playing a bit with the tremolo it is all quiet again.
but then again, if i don't use tremolo for a long time. there comes that sound again.
The guitar is a Cort VX-2V, bought it 2 months ago.

So have anybody experienced something like that?
Is it bad or not?
thanks for your replies.
It could be the strings moving around the nut. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, but take it to a guitar tech to make sure since I guess.. It COULD be something serious.. Doubt it.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Sounds bad to me! I don't know anything about Cort but is the neck bolt-on? The cracking sound may actually be creaking which happens when woods rub together. Possibly the neck is moving initially when you first use the tremolo until the strain of "diving" has moved it as much as it can. Then when the guitar restsawhile the neck moves back to it's orignal position so that the next time you use the tremolo it cracks/creaks again.
If the neck is bolted on, I'd consider removing the neck and making sure the pocket is clean, checking the state of the holes for the neck screws to ensure they're not damaged and then re-installing the neck and firmly tightening it down.
Moving on.....
The strings should fit loose enough in the nut to be able to slide back and forth. If you have a no-locking tremolo and are using a higher guage strings that what is standard, then the strings will fit really tightly into the nut, and so when you dive the strings will suddenly loosen, causing a rather high sound (happend all the time on my old strat-rip-off).
Or you're neck is fudged.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by KenG
Sounds bad to me! I don't know anything about Cort but is the neck bolt-on? The cracking sound may actually be creaking which happens when woods rub together. Possibly the neck is moving initially when you first use the tremolo until the strain of "diving" has moved it as much as it can. Then when the guitar rests awhile the neck moves back to it's original position so that the next time you use the tremolo it cracks/creaks again.
If the neck is bolted on, I'd consider removing the neck and making sure the pocket is clean, checking the state of the holes for the neck screws to ensure they're not damaged and then re-installing the neck and firmly tightening it down.

The neck is Bolt-on and I have a double locking tremolo.
thanks for the info.
Ill try that, i think you're right.
i thought about it too, but just to make sure asked here.

and one more thing.
when i do some heavy dives, i can see the neck moving/bowing(am i saying it right?)
is it a problem because i didn't notice it in the beginning, when i bought the guitar.
Quote by TripleN666
and one more thing.
when i do some heavy dives, i can see the neck moving/bowing(am i saying it right?)
is it a problem because i didn't notice it in the beginning, when i bought the guitar.

This makes me wonder about your truss rod? I read somewhere that the truss rod may have glue on it, and adjusting the rod will cause it to let out a cracking/creaking sound. If your neck is bowing you could be applying pressure to the truss rod which may cause your crack.

Whether or not that's ok, I can't say but there's some insight.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
COuld be the neck expanding from the release of string tension.

I've never heeard of Cort guitars so they may use inferior quality parts.
hue
9/10 times, it's the neck shifting around in the pocket with a bolt on. When you use a trem in a divebomb, you have a habit of gripping the neck to keep your grip and pulling on it, which can cause it to bend and if it's bolt on, move in the pocket. Tighten the neck screws and see what happens. On a neck thru though, it's more likely noise trem springs or a loose nut, as there is no play in the neck pocket, and only a poorly made neck would creak when you put a slight bend on it.