Have any of you noticed, when on a lower tuning (such as Drop C), If you strike an open power chord it sounds sour because the strings are too loose?

How would one fix this? Higher gauge strings?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Nevermind1299
Well duh.

You're a little helpful f*cker aren't you?
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by blue_strat
Higher gauge strings, and you need to set the intonation for the lower tuning.

when adjusting the intonation, I should shorten the strings right?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
That depens entirely on wether or not the intonation is higher/lower than the base pitch. You adjust intonation on the saddles on the bridge, by turning a little screw in order to push the saddle forwards or backwards.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
maybe you should buy a baritone instead of detuning an instrument thats supposed to be tuned two whole steps higher genius. bet it wouldnt sound right if it was tuned two steps too high either.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
maybe you should buy a baritone instead of detuning an instrument thats supposed to be tuned two whole steps higher genius. bet it wouldnt sound right if it was tuned two steps too high either.

Drop C is one step lower than it is supposed to be, not two.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Depends on string gauge, I use .9s and I don't have any trouble when I tune to E-octave or drop-C
hue
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Maybe you should find some manners and not be such an opinionated douche bag.

Actually on topic: I've noticed this too, however I've since left drop C for D standard liking the power-chord option lol. What gauge strings are you using? I'm on .13~.56 Ernie Ball "Not Even Slinky".
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

That usually makes the string break.
hue
Quote by MichaelOfCanton

Your idiocy astounds me.

On topic: I hate the terrible open chords you get in drop tunings... heavier gauge strings fixed that problem on my Zakk Wylde guitar.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Drop C is one step lower than it is supposed to be, not two.

I think ernie ball makes some strings specifically for detuning, you might want to try those. Standard tuning is E and Drop D is one step down, Drop C is 2 steps down. :P
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Wrong. Drop D, only the E string is a step down. Drop C, the entire guitar is a step down, except the E string, which is 2 steps down.
Quote by Slanderous666
I think ernie ball makes some strings specifically for detuning, you might want to try those. Standard tuning is E and Drop D is one step down, Drop C is 2 steps down. :P

I'll look into that, thanks friend
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Wrong. Drop D, only the E string is a step down. Drop C, the entire guitar is a step down, except the E string, which is 2 steps down.

Awesome finds TS these stings should help you alot. If you still are getting a sound thats still not what your looking for try playing with the intonation.

Sorry thats true slicker, I assumed we were speaking of tuning full step down to DGCFAD or 2 steps down to CFBEGC. My bad I apoligize.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni