Page 1 of 7
Inspired by the Half-Life, a reality? thread.

What games (any platform, any era, any genre) do you think should have a film made based on the game? Personally i think half-life would make a fantastic film, and would probably inspire people to buy the game aswell

Discuss.
Monkey Island
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Metal Gear Solid
In the corner beside my window
There hangs a lonely photograph
There is no reason
I'd never notice a memory that could hold me back

Siis mitä häh?
Quote by JC13
Ocarina Of Time.

A link to the past would make a better movie. Majoria's mask would make a real good stoner movie too.
POSTAL! oh wait....
Dungeon Siege!....oh damn
Halo! ...drat

I'm no good at this

Star Wars Lego!
Quote by Velvet Roses
Metal Gear Solid

+10

Quote by Archaon
DIABLO.

Would be so ****ing epic and grim.

Diablo 2: LoD ftw.

I'd love to see the CG effects for andariel

CoD4 would be amazing
Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball would be.... well...hot.
Soul Calibur would be insane
Starcraft... maybe.

Warcraft: No because it'll be like the fourth installment of LoTR
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Sep 12, 2008,
The entire Fatal Frame series? It should be pretty scary.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Possibly Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes.
That would have every single male on UG Hooting like Tim off Home Improvements.
Tales of Symphonia

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
One of the more recent Elder Scrolls would make a pretty good movie, but it'd be hard which parts to base it on given all the free will.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Big Floyd
God of FVCKING WAR!!!

Why didn't I think of that?
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by JackalUK
Dr Kawashima's Brain Training and Cooking Mama

haha
Cooking Mama is an awful game.
Not that i play on it...ever.
I'd love to see a Mario movie that does the game justice. Super Mario Bros. was "ok" as a stand-alone film but it let down a lot of the die hard fans because it took it's artistic license a little too far. A film that captures the true spirit of the game franchise would be awesome.
GTA III

Gta vice city was pretty much based on scarface but some italian mob would be real cool too.
Quote by Kensai
Monkey Island

By the gods, that would be an awesome film!
Am I right in thnking that Zach Braff would make a decent Guybrush? Im kinda undecided
Also, the System Shock games would make epic fims, as well as Deus Ex
Drive me home Jeeves
Quote by garett
I'd love to see a Mario movie that does the game justice. Super Mario Bros. was "ok" as a stand-alone film but it let down a lot of the die hard fans because it took it's artistic license a little too far. A film that captures the true spirit of the game franchise would be awesome.

A man running right jumping on things and into flags, that would make a crappy film. Brain training, that has action and inspiration, just what the world needs these days
Quote by Evil_Magician
GTA III

Gta vice city was pretty much based on scarface but some italian mob would be real cool too.

+1. The fact that Claude works for pretty much every gang would make him like a stand alone character, pretty cool tbh
games are games and movies are movies. good game doesn't mean a good movie, or vice versa like we've seen too many times.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Last edited by henkka_potku at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by Evil_Magician
GTA III

All of the GTA games were tributes to pop culture. GTA III was largely based on the Godfather movies and Goodfellas etc.

I don't think a GTA movie would be bad, and I remember a thread about that a while ago on UG, but they'd have to tackle it very carefully. It would have to have an original story line while paying tribute to the game all at the same time as also parodying (key being parody, not imitate) the pop culture of the time that it's set in. Completely achievable but tricky.
Fallout 2 - Although I'd have to direct it to make sure it's done right
Quote by Velvet Roses
Metal Gear Solid

+1

edit: Pacman!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by daniel.mycoe
One of the more recent Elder Scrolls would make a pretty good movie, but it'd be hard which parts to base it on given all the free will.

Na, as much as I love the games, if they made a film it would just end up being a shoddy version of Lord Of The Rings
Quote by DeaThrash
Golden Sun, Crysis, Assassins Creed

They would have to add alot more in, such as a wider story line other than just missions. And it would still be criticised by 360 fanboys.
god of war
just cause
final fantasy X (even though it's pretty much a film in its own right)
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Warcraft III + Frozen Throne
I just can't picture myself as the end result of millions of years of evolution.
LMA manager 2008!!

lol so much action!

oj :P i think the broken sword games would make ok movies (thats if anyones actually heard of them :P)
Quote by Velvet Roses
Metal Gear Solid

Being made, with Christian Bale heavily rumored to play Snake.

Bioshock is also currently in the works, which I am EXTREMELY excited about.