I want to record my first album with the same amount of studio production quality Venom used for their debut.

Anyone know what they did exactly?
Quote by Magero
Go in with about 10 bucks and a small packet of crisps to pay the producer.
Then fire him and let a blind chimp mix it.

+1.
This man knows black metal...

humor
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Its impossible to get an authentic 80s sounding production these days, regardless of the amount of hi-tops these new poser thrash fags wear.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Its impossible to get an authentic 80s sounding production these days, regardless of the amount of hi-tops these new poser thrash fags wear.

whats a hi-top ?
You use crap equipment, poor technical skills on your respective instruments and pay your mixer in LSD.
Basically do it yourself at home...Venom's production for their first record was horrible.
Quote by Rising
whats a hi-top ?

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
same with iron maidens debut, im aiming for a really rough and raw sound... ill save the over produced albums for when im older
Quote by Rising
same with iron maidens debut, im aiming for a really rough and raw sound... ill save the over produced albums for when im older

Go to the pawn shop, aquire a cheap cassette recorder and a Mr. Microphone. Press record and go for it...
Quote by Dust_and_Guilt
Record a song into a telephone answering machine and then put a tape recorder up to that answering machine when it's playing.

that is gr1m

my version (the Immortal technique!)

1. buy 10 watt marshall amps, you know, the ones that clip to your belt
2. run through forest with guitar, screaming and wailing on your instrument. helps if it is nighttime.
3. make sure someone on crack has a recorder, and is following you.
4. ???
5. profit!
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
that is gr1m

my version (the Immortal technique!)

1. buy 10 watt marshall amps, you know, the ones that clip to your belt
2. run through forest with guitar, screaming and wailing on your instrument. helps if it is nighttime.
3. make sure someone on crack has a recorder, and is following you.
4. ???
5. profit!

That is how you do it.
They didn't. Nothing that badly recorded can come from man. The album, fully formed, was handed to the record producer by Satan.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
buy a 4 track tape recorder, bring a bass, guitar and drum kit into a cave and record there.
all this talk about tape and cassette recorders...

How would I then take THAT, and transfer it to cd ?

No one listens to cassettes these days anymore :P

EDIT : by the way, some of these are really funny, I'll try most of them
Quote by Rising

Money. Or dark rituals.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Rising

No one listens to cassettes these days anymore :P

EDIT : by the way, some of these are really funny, I'll try most of them

record it on cassette like said. 1) i listen to cassettes, 2) it is pretty easy to transfer to cd and if you cant figure it out find a shop that will do it for you
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I think they recorded that album in a place called Wallsend along the road from here, if you've ever been there you'll understand why it sounds like that
I recorded onto a 4-track tape recorder with a plywood Kramer and an Ibanez 25 watt solid-state, then used a shitty comp mic held up to a pair of headphones and recorded my song (Earth Aflame) on Sound Recorder
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores