Looking for some advice on tabs for "The Rain Song".
I have one of those Led Zeppelin tab books that covers all thier albums and I used it and the Houses of the Holy cd to learn the rain song when I was just starting to play guitar. It has the rain song tabbed out using standard tuning. I always thought it sounds fine that way but, I now know the two different tunings JP used for this song in the studio and live, and all the tab I've been able to find online uses these tunings. I havnt found any tab online that uses the standard tuning like the tab book I have.
My question is, is it worth it to relearn the song in the other tuning? Would it sound a lot different or better? Looking at it, the fingerings for the notes/chords look a lot easier than the way I learned it.
Thanks in advance!
I would learn it both ways and play it the way you feel most comfortable with. I personally have heard both versions and played both versions and prefer the studio version over the live version.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Well I like to use one of the tabs on UG myself, it uses the alternate tuning but since I don't know it in standard tuning, I can't say if it sounds better. Try this: The Rain Song Tab