Page 1 of 2
I feel strange asking, but is (or was) there really any symbolism or statement in the mohawk? I watched SLC punk and his dad mentions something about the american indian and Ive been wondering if thats where it came from. Or did it start merely for the shock value?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_hairstyle

I think punks who do that uniform with a mohawk and just like to wear one and be different

(at least here) no punk cares if you have one or have not, they might just question it when it seems to be to placatively spoilt
I'm pretty sure it was started by native americans. I'm pretty sure p0nx rockers have them for shock and i guess to some it looks cool.......

Like alot of kids around my area had like 1 inch-2 inch mohawks and it kind of pissed me off cuz it was so short so i just went to my house did my own hawk and it was 7 inches... haha. Like i got those "omg wtf" looks from everyone but the kids with the 1 inch ones there like "OMG ITS SOOO CUTE."...... haha.. Yes i dont like short mohawks. Sometimes I do but most kids get it done so badly(when its short)
If I had short hair and wanted to do a mohawk I'd just do a flat travis bickle style mohawk rather than a propa ponx 1.

But I wouldnt, cus I dont particularly like mohawks.
i had a short chuck lidell hawk for about a week..
then i shaved my hair off like i usually do
Mohawks are just fake fauxhawks.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I know this isn't really your question but since a thread on native americans came up....

I've been reading about N.A. culture, i have the utmost respect for traditional indian culture. I mean honestly, they ate meat and weren't total ****ing bastards about it.
And i read this one quote by a pilgrim were it was like ''People run away from us to go live amongst the natives, the natives would rather end their lives than live amongst us''

And sargasm that may just happen seeing as cr00st is the new streetpunx.
Quote by sargasm
Mullets are the new mohawks.
I would look like A.C. Slater if I had a mullet, minus the muscles and tan.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
My friend wants to dread my mullet but I don't want to be that much of a stereotype.
Quote by sargasm
My friend wants to dread my mullet but I don't want to be that much of a stereotype.

go for the skullet
Dick+strings= owww
Skullet FTW!
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by crustyreed
I know this isn't really your question but since a thread on native americans came up....

I've been reading about N.A. culture, i have the utmost respect for traditional indian culture. I mean honestly, they ate meat and weren't total ****ing bastards about it.
And i read this one quote by a pilgrim were it was like ''People run away from us to go live amongst the natives, the natives would rather end their lives than live amongst us''

And sargasm that may just happen seeing as cr00st is the new streetpunx.

+a million aboot the natives part.
this was in the pictures thread in the pit i thought it was cool
Dick+strings= owww
My friend had a big ol' mohawk and kept it up with this sick mixture of jello and hair spray... Is that normal?
SLC Punk was a terrible movie. It needs to be said.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by the glue man
I liked it. I never knew people who wore "fauxhawks" really called them fauxhawks until I met this one kid. I guess it's better than actually calling it a mohawk

I hate fauxhawks so much. Either go all out mohawk or no mohawk at all. None of this kind-of-sort-of-but-not-really shit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I hate fauxhawks so much. Either go all out mohawk or no mohawk at all. None of this kind-of-sort-of-but-not-really shit.

whenever i see a fauxhawk i think that they listen to waaaay too much alternative music...thats just me though
>.>
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by FirstAccount
Look at that poser.

I'd hit that. I also have that phone. :D
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I really don't dig mohawks, but my best friend has one that looks pretty awesome. Mainly cause he's black and it stands up without him doing anything to it, haha.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by axeslash
I'd hit that. I also have that phone. :D

with a baseball bat because its not a skullet
Dick+strings= owww
I don't really like mohawks, but this guy can pull it off:

Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by mbbmalcolm
I think the mohawk is a pretty pointless hairstyle.

All hairstyles are pretty pointless

Jack my swag
Quote by Jett Diamond
I really don't dig mohawks, but my best friend has one that looks pretty awesome. Mainly cause he's black and it stands up without him doing anything to it, haha.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd

lol
i love mohawks... in fact i'm working on one right now. I still have some more to shave off, i shaved the sides of my head already. So i have all the hair on the top of my head, and the back trails into a mohawk type tail. I just have to work up the motivation to shaved the straight line of hair, then i'll spike it up. Eventually there will be pics.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by blackflag49
lol

Yeah, my best friend's Mr. T. How much more p0nx can you get?
DOWN&OUT
That commercial almost made me piss my pants the first time I saw it.

"Well maybe Mr. T hacked the game and made a mohawk class! Maybe Mr. T is pretty handy with computahs!"
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Yeah, my best friend's Mr. T. How much more p0nx can you get?

And you didn't tell me!?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
And you didn't tell me!?

I'm supposed to keep it on the DL. T said he don't want "no mo' foo's buggin'" him.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by gopherthegreat
All hairstyles are pretty pointless

What I meant was that it seems to be a lot of effort for something that I dont think is all that great.
Page 1 of 2