About a year ago I was in NYC at some random music shop and decided to try out this absolutely striking Ibanez that was on the wall. I played it and absolutely fell in love with how it looked, sounded, and played, but unfortunately had to dismiss it because of its one major flaw (in my mind)....it has a damn Floyd Rose!

So I forgot about it until the other day when I was at Sam Ash and they just happened to have one hanging high up on the wall in the same finish and AGAIN it struck me as a stunning guitar, then I remembered it was that same one that I had played. I couldn't resist, so I had them pull it down and I sat there for about an hour with it. I must say that even with the Floyd Rose, I'm seriously considering buying it because it is without a doubt the nicest looking, sounding, and playing guitar I've EVER encountered, HANDS DOWN. And the look would fit in absolutely perfectly with my band's image.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S2170SE

If they made this exact guitar with a fixed bridge, I would have had a few of them already for my current band and as backups, but I just can't get myself to buy another guitar with a Floyd Rose after hating the Floyd Rose I already have. What a horrible situation. Damn you, Ibanez.
It doesn't have a FR.

It has a ZR!!!! Ball bearing instead of knife edge - can play in tune if a string breaks..
It plays EXACTLY like a fixed bridge.

From experience, BUY THAT GUITAR.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by thefrigginbob
You could always buy a tremol-no for it.

http://www.tremol-no.com/

Interesting, I've never seen this before. Does anyone have any experience with this product? If it works like it's supposed to, it just may solve my problem. Thanks for posting up!
Quote by Simsimius
It doesn't have a FR.

It has a ZR!!!! Ball bearing instead of knife edge - can play in tune if a string breaks..
It plays EXACTLY like a fixed bridge.

From experience, BUY THAT GUITAR.

Interesting, I'll have to do some more reading up on it. Thanks for the info!
Quote by PSM
Interesting, I'll have to do some more reading up on it. Thanks for the info!

Yeah - people say a Floyd is pain.
The ZR is NOT a pain. The bridge only moves when you move the bar - if a single string goes off, NO CHANGE IN TUNING. Thus you switch to and from drop D.
It's a LOVELY piece of equipment - some say it is better then the Floyd!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Just to clarify, the ZR trem is a great thing to work with. I've had my S (ZR equipped) for two years, it's lasted me that time and it'll last me many years more.
If I get another S it'll definately be that one you're after, I love that swirled ebony finish.
Aye TS, Both the ZR and Tremol-No are wonderful pieces of equipment. There is a cool demo of the TN on youtube, you should check it out. Im buying one later this month for my Ibanez RG.

BUY BUY BUY! haha
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm seriously considering going down and picking this guitar up tonight, but I really should wait the weekend on it. I just bought my Les Paul Standard Plus not too long ago and I really can't afford both. On one hand, I don't really play the LP and should probably sell it and buy TWO of the Prestiges for that price (one as a backup), but even still the LP is SUCH a nice guitar I have a hard time putting it up for sale.