Alright, you guys have got to help me...

Next week I'll buy a Digitech Grunge stompbox pedal and then probably also a Ernie Ball Wah pedal.
Now, I've had a couple of pedals before and I always used batteries to power them, but since I had to change them as I change my socks I want to power these new buys with adapters.
I really have no knowledge at all when it comes to technical aspects of guitar pedals, so I'm turning to you for help. What kind of adapters will I need for those two pedals?

I don't get all this with different currents and stuff. E.g. about the Ernie Ball Wah it says "It's AC or battery powered with easy battery access. A/C power jack and 1/4" instrument jacks are all on the back..." AC jack? In the image it says '9V DC IN'..
And also, all this about different Voltage and mA. I'm going nuts...

Furthest down in this manual for the Digitech Grunge there are some specifications for the pedal. Couldn't really find any specs on the Wah, sorry.
V = Volt
mA = milli Ampere
AC/DC = Band who does songs who all sound the same. It also stands for Alternate Current/ Direct Current
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
The power coming from your wall is in AC volts (120VAC in the US, 220/240 elsewhere), and the pedal runs on a DC voltage of 9V so you use an adapter to turn that 120V AC to 9V DC, and that jack is where you plug the power adapter. So its really the "AC input."
Quote by Wigert
V = Volt
mA = milli Ampere
AC/DC = Band who does songs who all sound the same. It also stands for Alternate Current/ Direct Current

Quote by al112987
The power coming from your wall is in AC volts (120VAC in the US, 220/240 elsewhere), and the pedal runs on a DC voltage of 9V so you use an adapter to turn that 120V AC to 9V DC, and that jack is where you plug the power adapter. So its really the "AC input."

its the input for the AC adapter, but infact DC is going in there

sprry to be pedantic but i coudlnt resist

i'd go for a multi power block styley thing

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant.htm

ta-da
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
It's important to note, however, that you need more than just something to convert AC from the wall to 9V DC for the pedal. You also need the correct adapter size (pedals are typically 2.1mm) the correct pin configuration (the center pin will either be negative or positive), and the correct amps. Also, not all adapters are created equal in terms of if the output voltage is regulated or not. This can create noise issues.

The short answer is to either do some more research, or buy from a reputable source.

I hope this helps...

-J
Oh, yea. Much appreciated!
I just don't get the "correct amp" ?

Yes, I'll ask the employees at the guitar shop as I buy the pedal..