Would you say that its necessary to know every way to paly every chord in its two note diad, triad, and four note shapes everywhere on the neck - major, minor, 7th, 7maj, 7min, 6th maj, 6th min, 9th, 13th and on and on. Or just learn the easiest and ones of each major minor 7th 9th and 13th and fret them easily. I try to cheat by doing things like this. Ill take like a bar chord and just strum a few strings to make a triad. IS it kosher
I think it would be much more beneficial to simply understand chord theory and then be able to figure out your own ways you like to play them.
Quote by mbartgen
Would you say that its necessary to know every way to paly every chord in its two note diad, triad, and four note shapes everywhere on the neck - major, minor, 7th, 7maj, 7min, 6th maj, 6th min, 9th, 13th and on and on. Or just learn the easiest and ones of each major minor 7th 9th and 13th and fret them easily. I try to cheat by doing things like this. Ill take like a bar chord and just strum a few strings to make a triad. IS it kosher

Every chord, all over the neck, in every inversion.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Just learn the notes of the fretboard, how to create chords and a few of the shapes for each.

And in relation to your last sentence:

"Rock the Casbah, (This is not Kosher)"