okay so i'm gonna get a new guitar around christmas time and i was wondering should i use my current guitar (bc rich bronze warlock) for jamming once i have my new one.

you have to bear in mind that i will have a drummer fumbling around with it and i dont want him to damage my guitar. so imo it would be better to use my current guitar for jamming when i have my new one to stop my new one getting damaged
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Can't you just tell your drummer to piss off if he touches your guitar?

And it's more up to what you feel would be more comfortable taking.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
my drummer isnt the kind of guy you can tell to piss off. he gets all defensive and angry cos he wouldnt be having his own way

Quote by _bacon_

take the one thats easiest to play, and you feel comfortable with.

and if your drummer tries to mess about with it, tell him to **** off, if he still gets pissy, explain that its a brand new guitar and hes not allowed anywhere near it. hes a drummer not a guitarist.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by elliott FTW
take the one thats easiest to play, and you feel comfortable with.

and if your drummer tries to mess about with it, tell him to **** off, if he still gets pissy, explain that its a brand new guitar and hes not allowed anywhere near it. hes a drummer not a guitarist.

Yeah, and if he's like that, maybe get a new drummer. Seriously. A drummer should be more focused on playing and messing around on the drums, not a guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
tell him you're going to mess around on his drum set and start hitting the drums really hard if he won't listen
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
yeah he is always like "oh let e go on your guitar" so i say lets have a go on the drums and he says no or if he does let me he knows i cant play anything

Quote by _bacon_

I'd use the old guitar for jamming and the new one for gigs. I'd also make sure that the drummer stays away from the new guitar by physically lecturing him if words aren't enough.
Quote by WARLOCK123
yeah he is always like "oh let e go on your guitar" so i say lets have a go on the drums and he says no or if he does let me he knows i cant play anything

Well, just don't let him touch the guitar. If he's like that at the next jamming thing, after you tell him the rules about the guitar, fire him! Or at least give him a warning.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i cant exactly fire him. he is my neighbour and he invites me round his house to jam.

and i remember one time i didnt walk home from school with him cos he kept me waiting for 10 mins and he went and told his parents on me. i was like wtf? and he is older than me

Quote by _bacon_

play the one you like better..

Just don't let him use your guitar. if he asks, just tell him you don't want to let him play your new guitar. If he's not ok with that, then too bad. He should have respect for you and your gear..
Quote by WARLOCK123
i cant exactly fire him. he is my neighbour and he invites me round his house to jam.

and i remember one time i didnt walk home from school with him cos he kept me waiting for 10 mins and he went and told his parents on me. i was like wtf? and he is older than me

Well, find another drummer, or band. It doesn't matter that he is like older than you, it's your choice to play with him, he can't force you!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
thing is he just turns up on my doorstep and asks and i can never think of a good reason not to jam. half the time i go around there cos i am bored.

but if i do say no my mum and dad will be like why did you say no .
and then he will tell his mummy and daddy and then everytime they see me or my mum they will ask why i dont want to

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
thing is he just turns up on my doorstep and asks and i can never think of a good reason not to jam. half the time i go around there cos i am bored.

but if i do say no my mum and dad will be like why did you say no .
and then he will tell his mummy and daddy and then everytime they see me or my mum they will ask why i dont want to

Well, seriously, if he comes round, just say I'll only come round if you don't touch my guitar. If he says no, then that's your reason.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
tell him a few days before "man i got a new guitar its buetifull and im fritend it might get damaged so i wount let any one touch it" or turn lefthanded

any way people like that need to learn that in life not everything will go their way
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Last edited by hans the lefty at Sep 12, 2008,
thie thing is no matter what happens i lose. if i tell him i dont want to jam he gets his parents involved. if i say dont touch it he will get offended and start and argument. and if i do nothing i might end up with a broken guitar

Quote by _bacon_

sound like a bit of a conseeted dick
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
well, just tell them that you recently got a new guitar which is very important to you and if their son can't repsect the rules you have for your equipment it's a very disrespectful action towards you. Tell them that a relationship where only one accepts the rules isn't far away from parasital, which you think is below your level. Or something like that.
I understand not wanting to piss off your drummer, so for just for jamming, use the B.C. Rich if he really is gonna mess around with it. I'd be like well if your messing with my guitar ima mess with your drumset.

I know why you wouldnt want to piss off the drummer though, if you come from a town like mine, drummers are hard to come by.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by WARLOCK123
thie thing is no matter what happens i lose. if i tell him i dont want to jam he gets his parents involved. if i say dont touch it he will get offended and start and argument. and if i do nothing i might end up with a broken guitar

If he gets is parents involved, he's just being childish. You really don't have to play with him, and explain this to your parents, they should understand. To be honest, I would rather play by myself rather than a drummer that acts about 5. Also, if he breaks your guitar, contact the police, considering it would be criminal damage, because he broke it on purpose.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Buy a case with a lock?
Tell him not to touch your shit. If he gets pissy, tell him to f-off. It's not that big of a deal, he's a drummer. Your shits yours, if you choose not to let anybody else mess with it, then that's your choice. I don't see how it's that hard to just tell him no.
Quote by josh c
if he breaks your guitar
break his drum set

or wallet, via replacement on his part
or you could always insert your foot into his bass drum
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
put a lock on ur guitar case lol
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Just talk to him and DON'T back off when he gets difficult. If he call you anything like stingy or cheap just ignore them, the important thing is that you get your point to the head of his and he 'd better respect that if he really wants your friendship to last.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

the worst thing is that when he plays it has has this shitty little thing that he says is the james bond theme, and he plays something that he says is joe satriani but it aint. and he gets all cocky and starts swaying around and acting like a twat with my guitar

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by CedricL
Teabag his drumset

QFT (Quoted for truth)
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Quote by WARLOCK123
the worst thing is that when he plays it has has this shitty little thing that he says is the james bond theme, and he plays something that he says is joe satriani but it aint. and he gets all cocky and starts swaying around and acting like a twat with my guitar

Well, why don't you take both your guitars over, and let him play on the cheap one. Then he can't say anything about you not letting him play your guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Tell them its YOUR guitar and if they dont like it, they can go choke on a dick. There your neighbours, they dont own you. Im not trying to offend you but if you dont learn to say no to people, your gonna have a hard life
its not that i cant say no to people its just he is the most difficult person to be friends with.

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by WARLOCK123
its not that i cant say no to people its just he is the most difficult person to be friends with.

Well, don't be friends with him then, there's no point in doing so.

You don't have to play with him, it's not up to him if he plays with you. If he calls at your door, tell him that you don't wanna play with him, cause he messes about with your guitar. If he persists, slam the door in his face.

He CANNOT force you to play.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
He CANNOT force you to play.

Agreed. If you don't want to play with him because he pisses around with your gear, either talk to him about it (Get off the gear, or get out of the band) or just refuse to play with him if you're not comfortable with playing with him since you're constantly fearing him destroying your stuff. Damaging peoples' stuff wouldn't be acceptable in any other context, so why should it be acceptable in this one?

Also, with regards to his/your parents not liking you telling him the deal, just be honest about things; fact of it is that your neighbour's the one in the wrong, so something needs to be done about it.
the other thing is that he only ever wants me to play songs that he can drum to. sometimes i just feel like saying to him "instead of playing the highway to hell beat and the same shitty fills, learn something new". and he has a double pedal now but he doesnt try and use it for the genres it works best in

Quote by _bacon_

just thought id ressurect this thread.

the other day i was on his drum kit and he started having a go cos i apparently hit the drum to hard and i might mark it. it was already a 2nd hand kit and he had marked it loads.
and he started holding the pick for my guitar in the wrong way. he was holding it in a wy that means he isnt using his wrist for strumming but his arm. i told him it would break a string if he carried on. and he goes "oh well you can just re string it"

Quote by _bacon_