Please I need you guys to help me cos there's a note that says an A open string, with a b sign in front of it and I know that's flat, but how do I play an open string A flat? Like fifth string open flat? Can you guys post and help please
tune guitar down half step

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
You could also play the baree chord on G#, it would be the same tone, just not open.
If you got the money, honey, we got your disease!

GABBA
GABBA
HEY!
there is no such thing as an open Ab that i know of in standard tuning.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Captivate, but you see there's a b sign infront of the A open string note (fifth string open), I don't know how on earth do I play that, so I'm really just asking for help here
it's kind of impossible unless you tune down your guitar half a step or have like eight fingers
just find an Ab to play, it doesn't really have to be the open string does it. an Ab is an Ab
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Some of you don't get it, I know Flat A is not an open string, anything with flat or sharp cannot be open string, so you see its an open string A flat, fifth string open, with b sign, flat you know what I mean, so how do I play that
4th fret, 6th String.

thats all I can say cause I seriously do not know wtf your on about.
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
we know that you're trying to play the open a string flat, we know that, but you can't do that unless you tune everything down a half-step. or just keep it in standard and play the Ab on the sixth string, like Aidan just said, 4th fret, 6th string
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
If you have stay in standard tuning and have to play an Ab on the fifth string, then you'll need to fret that string at the 11th fret, which is G#/Ab. If you can substitute that note on another string, then simply look at a guitar fretboard note chart and find every instance of G#, which is Ab, then pick the one closest to the fingering of the piece you are working on. One that comes to mind is third string first fret, and it's...guess what....G#/Ab. Really, learn your fretboard notes and these things will become much much simpler.
As for playing that note on a standard tuned guitar in the open position, then you'll either have to tune down 1/2 step, or use a whammy bar and do a half step dive. Since this is the acoustic forum, I'm assuming you are playing on an acoustic and there is no whammy bar.
6th string 4th fret
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")