I already search bar(red) and didn't find the question I was asking.

Other than for gigging purposes, is there really a benefit to them? I was offered a DR2505 by my cousin who's in a band but I said "I just play in my house, what's the point?" He said the "The point is, it's free."

I was just thinking a guitarist who needs it more would benefit.

What is the difference in sound as opposed to cables and is there any kind of delay?
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
Last edited by Dav23 at Sep 12, 2008,
Well, I have never used a wireless system before, but it would mean that they signal would be digitized. Then again, seeing as you play through a Spider III and Valvetronix, don't expect you're exactly a true bypass, tube purist....
Adam
Get it, you have much more freedom. But more plugging in. Meh.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by adzlee123
Well, I have never used a wireless system before, but it would mean that they signal would be digitized. Then again, seeing as you play through a Spider III and Valvetronix, don't expect you're exactly a true bypass, tube purist....

I know, kinda funny. The guy with the Spider worried about a delay or some artificial type of sound. *shrugs* LOL
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
A lot of pros go wireless, at the very least from their guitar to their pedalboards. That way they can run around, do kickflips, and jerk around on stage without pulling apart their entire rig.

If you're really concerned about "tone loss," you the wireless to go from guitar to pedals, then use cables for the rest of the rig. If wireless systems were so expensive, i'd probably get one.

One of my friends got a Seinheisser one for free (the like 600 buck package thing) for free....i'm a tad jealous.
I would take it if it's free. You never know when you might join a band and want to jump around the stage like a madman. I keep a box in my room of random guitar crap that I rarely use. I pull it out every once in a while when I need an item that I haven't used in years. It comes in pretty handy.