I am looking to upgrade my amp soon from my Line 6 to something better but what are some good amps for my budget.I mostly play GN"R, AC DC, and Van Halen. Know anything that will get that type of tone?
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
I think a Valveking, with the right effects, could get you those tones. You probably will need an OD for GNR and EVH, but itll do AC/DC fine.
Any reason why you have five guitars and one 15w Spider amp?

Anyways, Peavey Classic 30 is where it's at! eBay is the best when it comes to price.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by qotsa1998
I think a Valveking, with the right effects, could get you those tones. You probably will need an OD for GNR and EVH, but itll do AC/DC fine.

i agree
The new Peavey Vypyrs. Seem great to me. Nice tones im assuming and alot of built in affects so you still have that after you upgrade.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I was gonna recommend taking a look at the Peavey Valveking combo, as well. I recently had one of those and it had a good classic rock type sound to it.
Quote by Polystant
The new Peavey Vypyrs. Seem great to me. Nice tones im assuming and alot of built in affects so you still have that after you upgrade.

your assumeing? you give advice on an assumtion? way to go

Quote by Polystant
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

^fixed.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Sep 12, 2008,
Quote by HLrocker
your assumeing? you give advice on an assumtion? way to go

ha... what I mean is I havent played one. Just seen it in videos, but if its in a video they may have used pedals, edited it, etc.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
OK, Vox Valvetronics. You Get a 50w TUBE Amp for under $450. HOW can you go wrong?

LINK HERE: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50w-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102806882-i1145847.gc

OH YEAH!
The valvetronix isn't a tube, it's just a hybrid, not to say it's bad....but it's just not a tube amp.
I would go for a peavy personaly, all tube, good quality, and fairly cheap.
Most of the time I prefer the Valveking, but for what you want, I think the Classic30 may be a bit better.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.