I'm in the process of getting a JCM800 combo (50 watt). £275, retro styling, and fantastic condition.

My only worry, is valves. The guy says it was re-vavled around 2-3 years ago. How much would it cost me to re-valve it with all the correct ones?

What valves and what manufacturer did Marhsall use as the factory valves? And could I get any cheaper, but still at the same quality?
I don't think the tubes should need to be changed unless it was played a lot by it's previous owner.

Otherwise, I dunno ><
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Good. But can anyone give me an idea of the prices it will cost to replace the valves when the situation presents itself.
50 watt is probably 2 power amp tubes, at least 4 preamp, so...

$150, tops?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473149
check that thread for the "Which Tubes?" question. I'm not really sure what the old ones used, but chances are you'll find some decent replacements there.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Sep 12, 2008,
Yeah, and that's assuming you get fairly expensive ones. you might expect to pay a little more if you need 4 power tubes, cuz a matched quartet of those can run between $75-100. Ideally though, you should be able to play it for a long while before having to change the tubes, probably a year or two (once again depending on how much the previous owner played it).

I hope I helped xD

Stupid name.

Haha im looking for a JCM800, just love that marshall tone.

Nah its not that much , Eurotubes does a full retube kit for your JCM 800 for 60$, but im not sure about delivery or where thay ship to.

https://ssl.eurotubes.com/cart/index.php?page=view_products&category_id=9&sub_category_id=94
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Cheers guys. I've got to say, the help parts of UG are absoloutely fantastic. They really are. A massive group of guitarists who have tried, owned and sell just about every piece of equipment there is.

Really, thanks.
guys tubes aren't that cheap for crappy tubes it will cost you around $250 to re-tube, but you can get ones that are $100 each.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
cost me about £50 for a set of jj valves from eurotubes for my jubilee, 2 power, 2 preamp and 1 balanced valve, there was not tax or customs and delivery was less than 2 weeks, i would change the valves, you can never realy trust a seller or even if they are being honest a valve can blow at anytime, most of the time it will just die but i think they can blow and do some damage to stuff round them, its very easy to change valves and if the 800 is the same as my jubilee there is only 1 screw to turn to set the bias, took me about 20 mins and im not expert
the jj valves will probably be better than the valves marshall originaly put in the amp, i hear they normaly use cheap valves, although it was jj power valves that were in my dsl401 and marshall branded preamp valves
new production tubes are cheap and crappy.
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
you would be surprised by the tone difference. They are still good tubes, but nothing compared to the old mullards.
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400